K's House Tokyo

K's House Tokyo Rates and Deals

K's House Tokyo Reviews

Blake223 Blake223
Sep 10, 2015
K's house at first can be a bit hard to find, however if you follow the directions they E-Mail you after booking you should be ok. Let's start with location, K's House is located in Kuramae not 2 minutes walk from the metro station. Across the street from the hostel is a 7-11 and a Lawsons, as well as a 24-hour take out bento place. About 10 minutes walk your in Asakusa, where theres some really cool things to do not to mention an absolutely fantastic Sushi Go-round. The location is definitely 5/5. The staff here were extremely helpful and nice. They all speak English very well if you don't speak any Japanese, and they are quite fun to just sit and chat with. The hostel itself is very clean, the rooms and the bathrooms are very well kept, the kitchen is very tiny though. At most two people can cook at once. The common area is very comfortable and small enough to promote a more social environment. Something else I loved about K's house was how social everyone was. I never saw a night there where there wasn't something going on with a group of people. The prices were average, not expensive but not cheap either. I think it was something like 2100 yen a night. All up K's house is a fantastic hostel and I will be staying there again next time im in Tokyo!
pammy_robertson pammy_ro…
Traditional style hostel Nov 24, 2014
Very nice clean traditional hostel with super friendly and helpful staff, on arrival I was given a map and asked about the sushi making class they were offering. Dorms are small but beds are comfy. I heard that this is the only hostel in Tokyo that offers a free breakfast, so you can stock up on tea coffee and toast.

The directions I got from hostel world were not great, they don't seem to have street names and using a 7 eleven as a place of notice doesn't work when there are so many 7 elevens. I think I wandered around the streets for about 30mins before I found k's. After finding it I realised the location was great. Basically from the kuramae station on the odeo line, exit e, a-6, go left out of the station on kasuga st then take first left and you should see the sign on a yellow building. Simples!

Word of warning if you want to stay in Tokyo over the weekend book well in advance or you will only get 1 night and need to switch accommodation. Everything this weekend was booked out.
andrejav andrejav
K's Backpacker Hostel Feb 08, 2013
Some times I make rush decisions or don’t make any decision until it is too late, and this was one of those… I started researching for place to stay couple of days before arrivals and that is not the way to go to big cities especially if you are coming during the busy weekend. The most important feature this time was that hostel is close to the metro, and that I can get there in shortest time possible.

Shock of the first time Japan was present in the confusion about signs and directions. Some friends told me that couple years ago it was much tougher to go around because English signs were scarce but it was hard enough for me right now…

I got to the hostel late evening and they left the key for me in the box outside of the door. Communication was prompted and clear and directions that they gave me before arrival were just perfect and easy to understand. K’s Hostel that I went to is just one of K’s dwellings (I think that they have more than 10 places around Japan) located in nice area within 2 metro stations and close to large temple complex.

Everything in hostel is very compact and they really care about the look and cleanliness of the place. Taking of shoes is mandatory and you leave them in the area before entrance. It was a bit cold for me in beginning, but got used to it and actually enjoyed it walking around barefoot. Entrance is also a reception, living room and kitchen. They have hot water for your soups, coffees and teas, good big refrigerator and bunch of things you need to cook or prepare your own meals.

Little elevator takes you to the higher floors and it is big enough for me and maybe my backpack . I was in the dorm with 5 beds. Little bathroom and toilet sink were incorporated in the walls next to the door, but outside in the hallway there are showers, more bathrooms and nice washing place with large mirror. This was my first time experiencing Japanese toilets, so I spent some time pressing buttons and experiencing whatever surprise I got hahahha. I mean, all the commands were in Japanese, with a bit of the stylized images so I at least had some idea what will happen… Took me 30 minutes to get out of that little box!

Bed was PERFECT, nicest pillow you can get and super fresh linen. Every bed has little lamp and there are plugs for your electronic all over the place. WiFi is good, fast, and they have router for every floor. Lockers are also available. During the nicer days (I had mostly clouds and rain) you can enjoy your time on the terrace on the top floors.

Only issue that I had is the price of the hostel which was steep $34… There are many places in the area with the same or similar amenities that can be taken for $20-25 so I change it after couple of days.

In general very good place, recommended if you want to spend a bit extra.
ET call home...
julsie23 julsie23
A fun and clean hostel Aug 02, 2012
This was my first hostel experience. It took about an hour from the Narita airport to get there. The staff were very friendly when I checked in and explained everything. The common area was a good size. The bathroom facilities were really clean. There were lockers to lock up your small personal belongings. There were also families staying there as well. It's close to many restaurants and walking distance to a very famous temple. The mrt stations are fairly closeby as well. It was pretty convenient. It was in a quieter neighbourhood. I would definitely stay here again. The people at the hostel made it a great experience.

K's House Amenities

• TV
  • Laundry service
  • Computer
  • Photocopier
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels
  • Family Room
  • Self Laundry

Related Travel Blogs About K's House Tokyo

City of 12+ Million: Tokyo
The transition from Osaka to Tokyo was the smoothest one to date. Meaning we actually found our hostel on our first attempt for the first time to date. We had about a 15 minute walk from the closest …K's House Tokyo had much the same feel as the one in Kyoto so we felt pretty comfortable…
Kamishiro, nr. Hakuba, Japan
Kamishiro is a tiny village near the small town of Hakuba. Hakuba is famous for its skiing, particularly as it was host to the 1998 Winter Olmpics. We had decided to visit Kamishiro for an unconventi…Tokyo, we came across the Backpacker K's House website and one of the hostels in the chain was located…

Check K's House Rates and Deals