Krung Thai - Thai Cuisine in Marikina

632-6464041

Krung Thai - Thai Cuisine in Marikina Reviews

Daive Daive
Thai food in Marikina?? Sep 09, 2010
Stumbled upon this quaint little restaurant while going around Marikina's Public Market (in the heat!) with mum.

It was lunch time and it was a pretty hot day so I dragged my mum inside as soon as I saw the place had air-conditioning and the name, of course, made me curious- Thai food in Marikina?!

I told myself, I'm not going to expect too much, as we were in Marikina and not in the city. To my surprise their menu included the usual choices you would find in a typical Thai restaurant (except for Pandan Chicken though, I think I didn't see that one).

Most orders are good for 2 persons (or more) so it's advisable to share and not to be 'takaw-mata' as we say in our local dialect (having eyes bigger than one's stomach) or you'll end up ordering too much food!

Crowd Favorites (as observed):

*Pad Thai, which we ordered- tasted quite good and for only P130 and P160 with shrimp. Quite filling too!

*Bagoong Rice- starts a P140, this one is good for one person, so you're safe to order this for yourself only

*Tom Yum- starts at P230+, I have to try this next time. Looked really good from across the table!

*Spring Rolls- P80-100, great as side order

*Catfish with Green Mango Salad, a favorite!- about P240 per order

*Pork/Chicken Satay- starts at P150 for 5 sticks

(prices quoted above are upon time of visit)

So on your next visit to the market, try Krung Thai, fill your stomach, and take a break from the heat as well. :)
Krung Thai in Marikina

Compare San Juan City Hotel Rates (7.5km away)

Krung Thai - Thai Cuisine in Marikina Map