Kroaky's Karaoke

4400 South Tamiami Trail, Sarasota, FL, USA - (941) 926-3434

Kroaky's Karaoke Sarasota Reviews

kate2000 kate2000
Private room karaoke place is great fun Dec 27, 2008
I'm one of those people who are usually very shy...well kind of. A few days ago some friends told me about a new place here in Sarasota called Kroaky's Karaoke. I don't usually like to go to those places because I don't like to sing in public, but I thought I'd just listen to some of my friends sing.

I was kind of surprised when we went in because I thought it was going to be a crappy dive bar like Cabanna Inn or Memories with lots of very loud and drunk singers. But it was quiet. It turns out they don't have a bar area at all and only have private rooms, which are all soundproofed. There were eight of us in our party and we were given a room.

The room we were in is like a big booth. It's got bench seats all round and everyone faces a TV screen. The manager showed us how to choose songs on the screen using a remote control. First you choose the song from the book, then you put in the song's number using the remote control. The buttons on the remote were a little bit small and the room was a bit dark so it was tricky to get the songs in at first, but soon we made a playlist of 80s classics. The sound was really good. We also ordered some beers and some thick-crust pizza, which was better than expected.

Pretty soon we were all taking turns singing. I liked it because there was no stage. All you do is sing with your friends. We had booked for two hours but we extended by another hour.

It sounds simple, but it was so much fun and we will definitely go back.

Check Sarasota Hotel Deals