Krishnarpan

www.dwarikas.com - (977-1) 4479488

Krishnarpan Kathmandu Reviews

moezy76 moezy76
Amazing Nepalese Dinning Experience Mar 28, 2011
Before traveling to Nepal, my friends and I were so concerned about eating out, we were so afraid of eating any meat and / or chicken there. But I was lucky enough to eat in Krishnarpan restaurant in Dwarika Hotel in Kathmandu.

Thanks to the Hyatt hotel manager (who advised that i should try it) we had one of the most amazing dining experiences in my life.

The restaurant offers a set menu (6,9,18 & 22 courses), you have to book in advance and give them your order of set menu and full name of each guest

It starts by arriving to this heritage Hotel (which I regret I didn’t stay in) with the candlelit courtyard and the amazing heritage wood works, we were then escorted to the restaurant where we were asked to remove our shoes and a Nepalese Lady in the traditional bridal wear poured water for us to wash our hands.

We were then escorted to our table (traditional Nepalese table where you sit on the floor) not so comfortable if you are not used to it especially for a long time but they have also regular tables.

We were then offered our menus (which was nicely done and personalized for you) they had each person name printed on the menu. And then the feast began, each course was more delicious than the one before (some of the courses had a mix of different plates)

Except for the dessert which was made of mild and yogurt (not my taste) everything else was amazing.

On your way out you are offered a souvenir from the restaurant

If you really want to enjoy it I recommend you don’t have lunch and have a light breakfast because we were so full by the 4th course that we didn’t enjoy the rest

Definitely a must visit