Krieger's/Holiday Inn

Holiday Inn, Mount Vernon, IL, USA

Krieger's/Holiday Inn Mount Vernon Reviews

ahtibat17 ahtibat17
Sunday Brunch Nov 28, 2010
Sunday brunch is offered at Krieger's in the Holiday Inn in Mt. Vernon. I didn't know what to expect, but this is where we took our mom for her birthday. Krieger's is a sports bar, but the brunch buffet is set up out in a main area, almost like a large lobby. There is plenty of seating. The buffet is on the expensive side, for what we are used to around here: $11.95, and apparently, that includes a soft drink or tea because my sister and her boyfriend were not charged for these beverages, but we were not told either way. The buffet consists of a few different salads and entrees like fried chicken, philly cheesesteak, salmon, buffalo wings, and steamed vegetables. The best part was the selection of breakfast items like biscuits and gravy, ham, waffles (chocolate or regular) and an omelette station. The chocolate waffle was awesome. I topped mine with strawberries and whipped cream. The omeletter was quite good, too -- nice and fluffy and made to request.

The Holiday Inn is located just off the Interstate (Mt. Vernon is located at the junction of I-57 and I-64). Go west from the Interstate, and at the first intersection, turn north. It is just past the McDonald's on the right side of the road.
chocolate waffle topped with straw…

Check Mount Vernon Hotel Deals