Körfez

www.korfez.com - (0216) 413 43 14

Körfez Istanbul Reviews

tirsomaldonado tirsomal…
Jan 27, 2008
There are a couple of restaurants highlighted in my Lonely Planet and this one is by far the best of them. I went in January, so we could not eat outdoors, but inside is really nice too. It is a little bit scary once you get the menu as you see that there are no prices listed, but what the heck! You need to treat yourself well every once in a while! ☺

The views are just incredible! You have the water 5 meters away with a beautiful view over the Fatih Bridge. As soon as you sit down they bring you beatiful bread and some olive oil. Olive oil is served as a luxury in Turky. Then we ordered our starters and mains.

To begin with we had some white wine (Cankaya) with two starters, a Patlican Salata (aubergine) and Calamar Karamelize (caramelized calamari). Then for mains we had Salkim Hanin Kebab and king prawns with sweet noodles. I had two glasses of a beautiful red wine (Yakut). And for desserts the special Körfez kup.

Amazing food, scenary and they play lounge music in the background! Was I in heaven? Well, it looked like! ;)

Ohhh of course, you will be wondering how much was the meal…. Well, it turned out to be 196.50 YTL, which is around 120 euros aprox. So 60€/person is not an expensive meal, based on European standards. By the way, the restaurant was in the Asian side!

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals