Krakow in genral
Krakow in genral Reviews
Krakow 17/20 Febrary 2012 Feb 21, 2012
Cracovia is nice.Best to visit without snow and cold.
Except for Auschwitz 1 and 2/Birkenau because the snow damage even further the sense of horror, as this was, inhumanity, barbarity.
Schindler factory was been very interesting, positively linked to the Hitler's extermination of him bastard militaries, animals!!!
It can be reached on foot in fifteen minutes from the Jewish Quarter (Kazimierz).This district si very nice with retrò clubs, so many weird and antique shops, restaurants and smoky pubs (often we were there). Synagogues etc.. ..
Looks like a hymn to Judaism, but it is not, however, I am a Catholic and a person is a person and stop.
But if you see it as an hymn against Nazism, yes it is!
Also beautiful is downtown with its central square, the largest market square in Europe, and art galleries; most beautiful in the night with the lights and strewn in the streets from restaurants and pubs around the ground.
We have a little concert for jazz underground, paying 8 euros / $ 10.
Friendly people (obviously if you have a face like a normal cock is normal to be treated badly, but not limited to Krakow, but also here in Rome, in Mumbai or in Antananarivo) lol :), nice city to spend a long weekend but, for me, the visit to the Schindler's factory and to the concentration camps, significantly raise the vote, or give a half past six, vote helped also from very cheap prices in a European city:
- Half a liter of beer at the pub: 2 euro (2,6 U.S. dollar) against our 5 (Rome)
- Polish dish with meat and salad in a restaurant in the center - not typical tourist-: 8 euros + drinks, but you can lunch in the central square of the ghetto with a long loaf (20 cm).only bottom of the bread, flavored in various ways to 1.5 euros (2 U.S. dollar).
- Apartment in downtown, between the Main Square and Kazimierz, of 120 square meters each with his own room and two bathrooms plus kitchen: 23 euros ( 30 U.S. dollar) per night (but you can spend even less)
- Taxi from the airport for downtown: 13.00 euros (17 U.S. dollar)
- Maximum expenditure made (28 euros - 39U.S. dollar ) for Auscwiz 1 and 2 with guidebook in Italian on site, minibuses.
3 / 3 TravBuddies found this review helpful/trustworthy
Join TravBuddy to leave comments, meet new friends and share travel tips!
May 16, 2007
Well I was in Krakow for about 3 days and it was a great experience, I would reccomend going to the square at night it's beautiful! I would also reccomend going to the old Jewish quarter as that is interesting and go and see the castle thing on top of the hill as there is some great architecture and a great old sqaure where there is a magic stone that you have to touch and something will happen.
The indoor market in the town square is nice as well with a variety of different things on sale.
The nightlife is great, I've aready written a review on that so have a look.
I would say just get out and look around and explore the place!
hope that helps.