Krabi stay December 2005

Krabi, Thailand
Krabi stay December 2005 - Krabi beach sunset
Krabi stay December 2005 - Krabi beach shells
Krabi stay December 2005 - Krabi street 'cookshop' , she is cooking my pinneapple pancake  and that is my rental bike .
Krabi stay December 2005 - Island stop off during 4 islands tour
Krabi stay December 2005 - Kayak scene

Krabi stay December 2005 Reviews

redzzed redzzed
Jan 07, 2008
I had hit bad weather in thailand and all seasport stuff was out due to bad underwater visibility .Also i had a funny stomache , so i took advice and went to Krabi for 6 days; having been told that it was suitable for families and more or less clean of the sex industry .

I am happy travelling alone and just wanted to chill out .I stayed in a 4 star hotel along the seafront called Oa Nang Buri, i think it was called .The staff were very friendly and eager to make me happy at thier hotel (and also stay longer).

I managed to watch Liverpool fc on tv a couple of times in my room , but had to get up at 02:00 to do so .

I rented a bicycle from a German shop owner in town , for only about 100 bhat and kept it for 3 days.I cycled the whole seafront and also onto the beach and left it there when i went in the sea . the water was so shallow that i could walk out 100 yards and still only be up to my waist !! I enjoy beach combing and there were lots a small shells (see pic). The seabed was kind of muddy and squelchey underfoot.

There were several internet cafes in town , charging about 50 bhat for an hour and lots of T shirt/clothes shops where i bought T shirts and polo shirts reasonably cheaply and after some bartering . I still wear them and they are good quality .

I took several tours , including Elephant tour , 4 island boat tour , rain forest tour and kayak tour.These can be booked from the hotel or from about a dozen other tour places in town , and a minibus comes along and picks up everyone from thier hotel .

It was raining during the rain forest tour and we got soaked , but it was warm rain , and there were several warm water springs in the forest

which we wallowed in for 15 mins or so (take swimwear).There were only 4 people on this tour as well as 2 guides and i think i was the only foreigner , also i am 50+ and they were all 20 something and they kept calling me Papa !! respectfully , but i could have done without it .

Anyway i am a fit old sod and they did not show me up for fitness .

I am a veggie and although this is a budhist country , they do have lots of meat/chicken and fish for sale . I ate veggie pizza and they cook nice little banana/pinneapple or raisin pancakes from stands by the roadside (see pic) for only about 30 bhat and there is always lots of fruit .

I also took a torso massage which lasted for about 30 mins , i did explain that i had a stiff shoulder due to an injury but they dont always understand and i shouted in pain a few times , i was on my front , i think she must have been standing on me .

The elephant tour was also good , i love elephants and we got to feed them afterwards

The islands tour is a must and there was some snorkelling amongst some very colourful fish , i did not participate .I used Baracuda tours

if anyone else uses this company , be sure to note the number of the longboat , because they have about 9 and they will all be out at the same time .

The kayaking was also enjoyable and quite lengthy , we took a picnic ,and we had it on a sandbank island .The water in the lagoons is very shallow and you can usually hop out of the canoe and be only waist deep in the water .There were lots of monkeys on the muddy rock beaches we visited . It was called Ao Thalane Krabi and we had a lunch/picnic , there were two Irish girls on the tour ; they had kayaked before and shared a kayak and i was in another with a tour guide

There were mopeds available for rent and although i have never driven one , i thought that if a i got an automatic and had 5 mins tuition then i would be fine .

They are pleasant people and geniunly wish to please , but unfortunately , although they said 'yes yes yes' , i could not arrange the tuiton and got fed up and shelved that idea .
Krabi beach shells
Krabi beach sunset
Krabi street 'cookshop' , she is c…
Island stop off during 4 islands t…
carlnombrado says: