Kous Kous

kouskousrestaurant.com - (619) 295-5560

Kous Kous San Diego Reviews

viaggioreb viaggior…
Didn't enjoy it Apr 05, 2011
I saw the highly-rated reviews on Google and I love Moroccan food, so I went there to celebrate my birthday with three friends of mine. It was 2 years ago.

The lamb I ordered was overcooked and rough, and the other dishes were not well prepared as well. The meat was dry and the sauce was not flavorful. They were also playing some kind of pop music in the restaurant which was not too appropriate for the ambiance.
yarasil yarasil
A little bit of Morocco in San Diego Apr 21, 2009
What better place but a Moroccan restaurant to share the tales and photos of my recent adventure to Morocco with my friends!

Kous Kous is located not far from downtown San Diego in the area known as Hillcrest. The owner is from Marrakech and he is super friendly and has decorated his restaurant with some great pieces of artistry from his home land and when I was showing off my photos he even stopped at our table to talk about Marrakech.

While waiting for our table we started out with the traditional mint tea. The food is great providing some great examples of Moroccan food. My friends and I tried all the tagines on the menu - lamb, beef, and chicken as well as most of the appetizers. The only thing I would have liked to have seen was to have the food presented in the traditional tagine dishes in keeping with the ambience.

Raja wrote in his restaurant review about the mashed potatoes and I agree that the cous cous are a must. It is all part of the experience.

Have cous cous at Kous Kous!!!

My friends and I are already making plans to come back to Kous Kous!!! See you there!
Raja_ Raja_
Moroccan food that you have to try! Jan 03, 2009
Kous Kous is a Moroccan restaurant located in San Diego (Hillcrest area). The restaurant was highly rated on Yelp.com, the prices were affordable, and I've never had Moroccan food before so I decided to give it a try. My friend and two of his friends decided to have dinner there one night and everyone enjoyed it! I had the lamb and if you are a fan, I highly recommend it! With most of the meals you get a choice of Garlic Mashed Potatoes or Kous Kous. Being that the name of the restaurant is "Kous Kous" I'm not sure why anyone would order the Mashed Potatoes, but if you are thinking about it - GET THE KOUS KOUS!

Very nice atmosphere, complete with Moroccan decor. The prices weren't too bad considering the area. I believe the plates averaged about 20.00

One thing about the restaurant - It's hard to see it from the street so look for the address and there is a sign pointing down to it.

Enjoy!
freezabird says:
Yah, San Diego is the best!!!! That restaurant sounds awesome, I'll swing by next time I'm in town. Thanks!
Posted on: Jan 29, 2009