Kotoshi

Kyoto, Japan
Kotoshi - me enjoying the fine wine
Kotoshi - the balcony over the river
Kotoshi - the view of the river
Kotoshi - kotoshi the restraunt
Kotoshi - My wife of 6 years

Kotoshi Kyoto Reviews

reikunboy reikunboy
romantic dinner in traditional Pontocho in Kyoto Sep 14, 2008
I had always wanted to eat in the alleys of Pontocho in Kyoto. Potoncho is an alley way that follows the river. Its a traditional street with many restraunts and teahouses which have verandas over the river from June to September.

My wife and I were celebrating our 6th wedding anniversary so I finally got my chance to eat at one of these great restraunts.My wife had chosen a french restraunt called Kotoshi.

We chose a course set that included around 8 dishes each. We knew we couldn't possibly eat it all so they have the cheaper option of the same course but dishes being half the portions.

The food was delicately presented on the plates in small portions fogra( sorry don't know how to spell it) abalone, steak, cheese plates and some other dishes with free flowing wine.

The tables were set out on the balcony overlooking the river with candle lights and a full moon glowing above us and of course my beautiful wife to share this memorable night with.

The service was slightly slow probably trying to keep with the mood of the place as it took 3 hours to finish the course.
me enjoying the fine wine
the balcony over the river
the view of the river
kotoshi the restraunt
ys484 says:
Happy Anniversary!
Posted on: Oct 07, 2008
Kana says:
Happy Anniversary! I love Ponto-cho, too. We enjoyed walking along the river... :)
Posted on: Sep 20, 2008
martinikitty13 says:
Congrats on your feature! (and happy anniversary!) :)
Posted on: Sep 20, 2008