Kosovo - Serbian border control

Merdare Border Control, Serbia

Kosovo - Serbian border control Merdare Border Control Reviews

Chokk Chokk
You need a Kosovo Car Insurance Aug 18, 2010
The Serbian border control was set up with some blue and white container or mobile houses. The police looked in my passport rather briefly as soon as I showed my Danish passport but for some vehicles there were much more strict control; especially the trucks. There was actually a very long line of trucks in front of the border control.

The Kosovo side was more thorough in their control and their construction of the buildings and all in all more organized and border control like. I was addressed by one police guy who asked me if I had Kosovo insurance! I had never heard about it but I was sure it was a must.

I had to park the car and get one in a nearby booth. Inside two young girls were sitting watching TV; the inside looked like a messy living room with magazines and coffee cups everywhere. The girls were dressed like they were going out and when I talked to them they just giggled like teens. One of them finally decided to help me and went to the other window than the one I was standing at. She asked me to follow and give her the registration papers of the car.

She looked out the window a couple of times to check my license plate and then she handed over a note stating 15 and 40 euro and pointed at the 15 and said basic basic! Well to me a Basic Basic didn’t sound too safe in a country where they probably drive as bad as in Albania; and there I saw some really bad driving 2 years ago. I took the one of 40 euro and got a tremendous souvenir from Kosovo at the same time.

Returning proudly to my policeman with my colourful paper I was allowed to leave the border and enter Kosovo.
The Serbian side
The Kosovo side
sarahsan says:
I have collected many wired souvenirs through the years, but never one like yours!
Chokk says:
@Mickey - yeah it was really nice - I will take a picture of it and put it on the review.
@Keith - come on! I am charming :D
tj1777 says:
Nice little souvernir you got there - was the paper in a nice color?
Merdare Border Control Map