Koryo Museum

Koryo Museum - Map of the Koryo Museum

Koryo Museum Kaesong Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
Former confucian educational instuation May 04, 2010
The Koryo Museum was once a confucian educational institution, teaching the confucianist studies to children of nobles, so they could become officials in the Koryo Government.

The museum features 12 main buildings and 6 additional ones which feature all kinds of objects which are related to the Koryo area of that time.

We visited the complex for about an hour, visiting the halls like the Myongryun Hall and the Taesong Hall. The site looked well preserved. The paintings we did see were in my opinion very good and detailed, but most likely copies of the original ones.

As all the visits to the various sites were included in the tour, it was unknown to me about the costs. That's why I made them free.
Map of the Koryo Museum
Painting
The Koryo Museum
Display of the Koryo Museum
Airportman says:
I really don't know if you're right or not
Posted on: Mar 26, 2011
dqfn1 says:
If I'm not mistaken this might be the oldes museum of the world... at least I know a museum that looks just like the building you've photographed is actually the oldest existing museum of the world.
Posted on: Mar 26, 2011

Related Travel Blogs About Koryo Museum

Kaesong and Koryo Museum
Kaesong, the capital of the Koryo Dynasty (918 AD-1392 AD.), is located 8 km north of the border and 70 km north of Seoul. Immortality columns stand in each administrative district. The inscription o…Koryo Museum is located 2 km from Kaesong. The complex of over 20 buildings was the central institute of education…
Day 9: Kaesong, visiting 3 sites and spending the night in a traditional korean hotel
Just outside of Kaesong, we made a stop at the Koryo Museum. This museum is a history museum, where Mr. Kim explained us about the place being a central institute of education in the Koryo …Kaesong, we made a stop at the Koryo Museum. This museum is a history museum, where Mr. Kim explained us about…
Kaesong Map