Korova

Liverpool, England

Korova Liverpool Reviews

sarahelaine sarahela…
korova Mar 26, 2010
Korova, which I am not at all sure I am spelling right, is a small bar and gig venue where I saw New Young Pony Club. It is in Liverpool.

Liverpool crowds seem to be just as nice as Manchester crowds, so there will be no partisan slating of Liverpool here!

Korova serves an interesting range of beers, including Amstel and Estrella Dam. They aren't cheap, but they aren't very expensive either. The bar part upstairs has nice comfy chairs, a pin ball machine, a retro arcade game thingy and twinkly lights. it was surprisingly quiet for a Friday night when we went - I'm not sure if that is because it's always quiet, or because there was a gig downstairs, or if it was just the week before people got paid.

The gig venue is small, but very nice. Visibility of the stage wasn't excellent, but I've certainly seen a lot worse. I'm trying not to confuse the band (who were amazing) with the venue - I suspect that the size of the venue means that the acoustics might not be that great for, say, rock, but it works well for acoustic.

All in all, I'd certainly go back. Tomorrow, if New Young Pony Club were playing. but that is a slightly separate point!

Check Liverpool Hotel Deals