Korkeasaari (Helsinki Zoo)

Helsinki, Finland

Korkeasaari (Helsinki Zoo) Reviews

SylwiaG SylwiaG
Beautiful ZOO on the island! Jan 15, 2016
In the Helsinki Zoo I was twice - in 2008 and 2010. Every time I played fantastic out there! Zoo is really an island, where we can watch the beautiful birds, reptiles, amphibians, and of course the classic mammals like tigers, lions, monkeys. I was most impressed me there - bear pit - a beautiful, quiet for animals (bears live in their natural environment created in the valley, while visitors watch them from above - walking along the ridge) and the phenomenal Tropicarium! A very nice aspect is also the fact that many of the birds walking alleys between people. Zoo is quite big, so sightseeing is best spent a whole day. At the exit of zoo it is also a shop with plush residents of the zoo. I personally chose Toucan :) I highly recommend to all fans of pets and families with children - will have a lot of fun!
SylwiaG says:
Thank you very much! Once again, I would highly recommend this zoo!
Posted on: Jan 18, 2016
WalterC says:
Looks like an interesting zoo to visit.
Posted on: Jan 15, 2016
EmEm says:
Very nice photo gallery...the zoo interesting and worth visiting!
Posted on: Jan 15, 2016
mccreai mccreai
Amazing day out for all the family Mar 20, 2008
I really loved this place. It was tranquil and relaxing and was an affordable day out. The Zoo itself is built on an island and I travelled there by ferry from Kauppatori. The 10 minute return journey and the entrance fee cost a measly E6 for a student. The zoo was quite spread out but there were breathtaking views of Helsinki city and bay from the wooden tower. If you do plan to visit Helsinki Zoo I would recommend spending the full day taking in everything. The animals vary and are easy to view, there are plenty of facilities darted around the place in case nature calls and the overall well being of the animals was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed it and eating whislt watching the brown bears swimming just a few meters away was unforgettable!
mccreai says:
Thanks for the comment. I try to visit as many zoos as I can as I'm into conservation of species. I also tend to be very critical about some aspects of animal husbandry but I really liked this one.
Posted on: Mar 20, 2008
glennisnz says:
Sounds great, I like zoos.
Posted on: Mar 20, 2008