Korean Yemiwon Restaurant Sdn Bhd

A-281 Jalan Beserah, Kuantan, Malaysia

Korean Yemiwon Restaurant Sdn Bhd Kuantan Reviews

trippin_jen trippin_…
Korean Yemiwon Restaurant Sdn Bhd Jan 28, 2016
I'm not a big fan of Korean food but I wanted some BBQ pork, and was recommended this place.

Owner is Korean, staffs are from Myanmar. I wonder how they communicate. The staffs don't speak any local language AT ALL!! Only 1 girl speaks mandarin and obviously she's the busiest among the lot, attending to guests.

Restaurant is small and clean. On the left you get normal tables with chairs, on the right is like a platform floor where you get to sit with legs crossed. I prefer to sit like Koreans.

If your main course is BBQ, they'll do the BBQ in the middle of the table (they have it on every table). But the one I ordered was only a small portion so a portable BBQ pit was used instead.

Typical Korean style, they provide lots of refillable ban chan (side dish), which I sometimes find even tastier than their main course. The popular kimchi is not my cup of tea though.

We ordered BBQ pork, kimchi pancake (tastes different from kimchi itself), rice roll (something like sushi) & ginseng chicken soup. I don't like ginseng, but surprisingly it tasted really good without the strong ginseng smell.

First impression when I opened the menu was 'EXPENSIVE!!' I could almost feel my wallet bleed. The soup costs RM 38, BBQ pork RM 33, pancake RM 22 and sushi RM 11. A bowl of plain rice costs RM 4! Luckily their rice tea is on the house.

Overall all their dishes tasted too salty. I only liked the BBQ pork and soup. Actually just these 2 dishes plus ban chan are good enough for the 3 of us. We clearly ordered too much and was a waste, considering it wasn't really that tasty.

If you ever dine here or at any Korean restaurants, I suggest you don't order too much cos the ban chan is already very filling.

Is this place recommended? Hmmm... Only if you're a big fan of Korean food.
Caliber-A says:
really? ayah you should have called me...joke.
Posted on: Jan 31, 2016
trippin_jen says:
:) we have opposite taste. We got 2 portions of it but didn't touch a bit.
Posted on: Jan 28, 2016
Caliber-A says:
nice to visit there, for a kimchi - like it.
Posted on: Jan 28, 2016