Korean Palace Restaurant (Bee Won)

Takahassusi Road, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

Korean Palace Restaurant (Bee Won) Riyadh Reviews

amazed amazed
Korean Restaurant in Riyadh Apr 12, 2013
Whatever happens....I find a Korean restaurant wherever in the world I go. Something about Korean food - I started liking it when at University in the US. I had Korean roommates so that reinforced my kimchee appreciation.

I also understand that not a lot of people appreciate korean food - if you are one of them.... get a life. haha... you dont know what you're missing.

The restaurant was originally near the Riyadh computer market - an area with older buildings and parking issues. It closed in 2010 but reopened at Takahassusi in late 2011 or early 2012.

The menu has korean, japanese and chinese food - including sushi. But we're not here for sushi. Are we?

Top items that I select:

I would say this the first dish to try in case you're new to korean food. Dol-sot Bi Bim Bap to be precise. This is basically rice in a hot stone pot, topped with vegetables, a raw egg (optional if you dont like), and a paste called Kochujang. Dol-sot Bi Bim Bap arrives sizzling, and the waiter will offer to stir the contents. OR... you can do it yourself. Essentially it is a different flavor of stir fried rice with beef and vegetables.

What comes with any order is a few small servings of Kim-chee (pickled cabbage), Kaktugee (pickled daikon) and a number of other items - you'll see when you get there.

This is my favorite. Oh yes. It's a spicy red beef shred soup with green onions, bean sprouts, braken, mushrooms etc. It's served with rice, and I warn you the red chili can make your scalp sweat. It's not super painfully hot like indian red chili peppers, but it does leave you glowing. Clears your sinuses too ;)

This restaurant was closed for a while so I learned to make Yook Kae Jang myself from a website.

Other known dishes are:

* GOM TANG (oxtail broth)

* BULGOGI (BBQ beef korean style)

* STIRFRIED SQUID and SEAFOOD (love this too)

The menu is FULL of interesting things you may want to try - I just recommended a very small bit.

To drink you can order any soft drink, OR.. a jug of a local drink called 'Saudi Champagne' which is nonalcoholic of course - mostly made of apple and orange juices, Perrier, with some chopped fruits floating in it. Not bad in hot weather.

Korean Palace offers buffet, catering and home delivery - I'm sure there is a minimum order requirement.

The owner/manager is a korean gentleman, had a nice long chat with him a number of times. I think I should tell him about this review.
The Entrance on Takhassussi Rd
Masks on the wall...
Yook Kae Jang. I'm not particular…
rheagirl says:
Congrats for the feature! :)
amazed says:
Thanks Ilse =)
ilserita says:
Congrats on your feature! :)

Check Riyadh Hotel Deals