30/7, Moscow, Russia
www.tarasbulba.ru/en/index.php - (495) 694-6082, 694-6877

Korchma Moscow Reviews

Dr_Seuss Dr_Seuss
Taras Bulba Korchma Apr 05, 2010
Had local TB Marinushka showing us around at the point when we got hungry, and she knew just where to go :)

Seems to be officially called Taras bulba Korchma, but it only says Korchma on the outside.

Again part of a chain, there are about a dozen of them in Moscow offering Ukranian food.

Decorated to look traditional, and the folk working in it all wore national costumes. Language wasn't a problem since we had Marina with us, but they did ask what language we wanted the menu in,as they had it in 37 different languages 8).

Got drinks while we were looking through the menu, as with someone local with us it was a great chance to try something different.

Marina had a sort of starter salad, while we all just went for main courses. I had golubtsy, cabbage stuffed with meat, while my daughter had a proper chicken kiev, that was made with real chicken breast and came shaped like a large egg.

Wife and son ended up gettting the same,pork and mushrooms,as they didn't have what he originally wanted. Marina got something else,think it was meat dumplings, along with the salad then ( she ordered hers all in Russian so I didn't quite catch what it was ;) ).

Reallly nice, and totally different, and a nice atmosphere in the place. Being a Monday night it wasn't particularly busy.

Well worth checking out if you are in Moscow, as the menu explains what all the dishes are. Once you've been in one, you then start to notice them in the other locations and they are fairl well spread around the city centre.

Was my favourite meal of the trip :)
Enterance To Taras Bulba Korchma
Front Of Korchma
Traditional Look In Korchma
'kulich', an Easter cake as we wer…
Marinushka says:
I am happy you enjoyed it:)
Posted on: Apr 18, 2010