Kopala Hotel

8 322 77 55 20

Kopala Hotel Tbilisi Reviews

gingerbatik gingerba…
Kopala Hotel Restaurant Mar 24, 2013
Since this restaurant highly recommend by lonely planet guide book, so we head there for lunch and relaxation after day sightseeing. First, we couldn’t find the hotel as the location is up the hill and walk to the end of the alleyway and we walk back and forth for third time before we finally find the hotel and ask direction from a couple of people. In this case, lonely planet guide book is useless and the map gives wrong direction. I am not sure if the person who wrote this review even eats in this restaurant.

The restaurant is a bit quite only a couple of table having lunch (probably it was late, around 3pm). After we seated for more than five or ten minutes and waiting for the menu, nobody come to offer the drink or menu. We keep glancing toward the reception area and I was tempted to walk there and ask for the menu. Finally the waiter come with the menu and still didn’t offer any drink. We discuss and check the vocabulary from the menu with the lonely planet guide book and finally settle on the food. Btw, the price in this restaurant is high than other restaurant similar to this, but still cheap compare with western country or Denmark.

First entrée arrive which is roast mushroom with cheese with Georgian herb. Taste was good and the serving was big. I ordered “Ojakhuri” which is pork with spices, onion, potatoes and tomatoes. Taste also good and this time I was full and unable to eat dessert and this is lunch only and in a couple of hours I will have dinner. So I opt to stop there and just enjoy the view. We also have Georgian bread which I like, taste a bit chewy and sweet. The view from the restaurant is good, we can see the Old Metheki church, the river and pedestrian crossing, it is very relaxing.

Unfortunately for this kind of hotel, the service is a bit lacking. As it takes time for the waiter to gives the menu and they forgot about our bread which we requested a a couple of times after our mains were served.
the hotel building
pineapple juice
Georgian wine
roast mushrooms with cheese
Cho says:
About the hotel in Myanmarr that doesn't accept foreigners, I'm not sure whether it was the Tiger Hotel, but I came across one in Yangon which looked quite nice but was told that they only accept local people. As you know, I am from Myanmar but I had an American friend with me so they didn't accept us! Ridiculous......RIGHT! However, that was two years ago. Maybe with the present hotel situation there, perhaps they have changed their policy and accepting foreign tourists by charging very high rates!
gingerbatik says:
yeah.. most of the book are out of dated but it is still useful to find out about the areas and attraction to visit and while we were in Armenia and Georgia, it was good for bargaining the taxi from one city to another:)

Anyway, in Lonely planet guide book for Myanmar, there is one city hotel which mentions but actually do not accept foreigner called Tiger Hotel, ridiculous. don't understand why they write that hotel as people who buy the book mostly foreigner.
Cho says:
You are right about Lonely Planet guidebook. During my travels I always notice many people reading it. However, a lot of information in the book is out of date, and some just wrong information! So I wonder why Lonely Planet is still popular with travelers!

Check Tbilisi Hotel Deals