Konyali Restaurant

Soguk cesme sk 7, Istanbul, Turkey

Konyali Restaurant Istanbul Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Decent museum restaurant inside Topkapi Palace Feb 13, 2011
I have never been a big fan of museum restaurants. The food is usually overpriced and not that great, but Konyali is an exception. Located in the confines of Topkapi Palace in Istanbul, it is run by the forth generation of the family, Mehmet Eren Doganbey, so it's been in business for a long time. There are some spectacular views of the Bosphorus to enjoy from here as well. There is a large outside terrace as well as a small upstairs area inside are where you can enjoy a meal.

The service was a bit slow in the inside dining area as it was quite crowded due to the fact that it was a bit chilly outside. I think we had just hit the end of the main lunch crowd. Once we were seated and had menus in hand the service improved. The menu was not overwhelming, and had a nice selection in a variety of Turkish dishes. The meals took a while to arrive, but was worth the wait. Simple, basic and tasty I would say, though it didn't 'wow' me particularly. For a museum restaurant, however, it is a step above, and the views are really sensational.

This restaurant is a good option when touring Topkapi Palace, since the museum can easily take a whole day to see, and having something to eat here is a good way to break up the day. To my surprise, it was not overly expensive either. I would actually rate it between average and expensive for the quality, depending on what you order. No matter where you sit too, whether inside or outside you are assured a nice view of the Bosphorus, which adds some to a pleasant dining experience.
Konyali name plate
Konyali entrance (inside dining)
Lower level to terrace & kitchen
Upper level - was a bit busy, but …
spocklogic says:
Thanks, Rob. It's one of the better views from a restaurant in Istanbul! Another great I can recommend is from Muradan, which I reviewed too: http://www.travbuddy.com/Muradan-v755023

Posted on: Jun 17, 2012
robzvoice says:
Brian, I like this review; especially the photos. The views from this restaurant look really nice. Thanks for sharing!
Posted on: Jun 17, 2012