Konoba "Fife"

021-345223

Konoba "Fife" Split Reviews

el_wray el_wray
... dalmatian food for tourists ... Jul 07, 2010
Konoba "Fife" was recommended by the lady who offered me room. She underlined that it's very nice place to get good food for a reasonable price, and because of that it's recommended in one of the traveler books as well (lonely planet or something else).

The restaurant has two parts on the same street, consist of indoors and outdoors. If you wanna get a seat (focus on here, I'm not saying "table", I'm saying "seat") for the dinner you probably will be waiting for it. If you're alone it is quicker to get one, but if you're a starving couple or a group, it's better to go indoors. Because in restaurants in Croatia, waitstaff is soo (maybe too) nice and they never come and disturb you for paying the check and leave (which is a good thing), so I saw a lot of people in "Fife" who were chit-chatting on the table after meal.

Anyway,

Their food is authentic dalmatian, home-style food. My friend told me, it was a modest local restaurant which was serving mostly the locals before getting popular among the tourists. Now, it's pretty hard to see any locals inside during meals, and English is the first language. Do you think I'm kidding? I saw an American guy who finished his meal maybe 30 mins before and he told me that he was staying over there just to hear some English. =)

Food quality is above the average. But not that special. Also, if you're vegetarian, they have very limited options for you (maybe 2 or 3 dishes).

Price is reasonable for a coastal/touristic town. between 50-70kn (1eu = 7kn) you can get a nice meal. Seafood is a lil bit expensive as always.

To sum up, if you're in Split, this restaurant would be a decent alternative for you.
... indoors of 'Fife' ...
... outdoors of 'Fife' (covered by…
... entrance of the outdoor area .…
el_wray says:
yes I saw that ;)
Posted on: Sep 05, 2010
vila says:
The typical Croatian homo sapiens does not consider a meal without meat to be a meal :)
Posted on: Sep 05, 2010
el_wray says:
I guess so ;)
Posted on: Sep 01, 2010
vila vila
Konoba "Fife" Oct 17, 2009
A typical dalmatian tavern - a konoba - at Split's Riva. If you're looking for a place where the locals meet, and where you can try some traditional home cooking, this is perfect. The menu is standard, the staff nice, the food good and the prices affordable. We were there on a saturday night off season and it was crowded, so I guess, reservations should be made in advance in high season.

Check Split Hotel Deals