Konderatu at Klapa

Dreamland, Indonesia

Konderatu at Klapa Dreamland Reviews

pearcetoyou pearceto…
Indonesian & Padangnese by the Sea Nov 08, 2009
The Konderatu restaurant is in the Klapa development on Dreamland beach. Here you can find traditional Indonesian food. The restaurant is decorated with many Indonesian pieces of art. You can sit inside, or outside with a view of the ocean and the Klapa pool. We sat just outside of the restaurant. Asri helped me with my order, which I went with the nasi daging rending. This dish is a Padangnese food typical in west Sumatra (nasi=rice, daging=meat, rendang=spicy, padang = west sumatera). Asri had the oxtail soup. Well, I had never eaten tail, and I told Asri I didn’t want any. But she tricked me into eating it by telling me that it really wasn’t made from the tail. Haha, she is really sneaky. So I tried it, and it wasn’t too bad. The meat was served separate from the soup, and I actually had more of her soup because it was really good.

Indonesian food is very new to me, and it just takes a little time to acquire a taste for it. But I am learning to like it as I eat more of it. And I was very happy with my nasi daging rending, although I still haven’t acquired a taste for the fish/shrimp crackers that came with our entrees.
Our table
Inside dining
Indonesian art

Compare Seminyak Hotel Rates (4.4km away)

Dreamland Map