Konak Kebab (Konak Kebap)

Istiklal Avenue No. 118, Istanbul, Turkey
(0212) 243 23 22
Konak Kebab (Konak Kebap) - Inside view I (downstairs)
Konak Kebab (Konak Kebap) - Konak restaurant front
Konak Kebab (Konak Kebap) - Inside view II (downstairs)
Konak Kebab (Konak Kebap) - Busy staff II
Konak Kebab (Konak Kebap) - Busy staff III
Konak Kebab (Konak Kebap) - Busy staff I

Konak Kebab (Konak Kebap) Istanbul Reviews

spocklogic spocklog…
Kebap, pizza and dessert lounge Feb 12, 2011
There are a large number of places to dine on Istikal Avenue in Istanbul, so choosing a place can be rather problematic. Looking for a place to eat one evening, we spotted Konak from the street and the attractive building facade looked inviting, so we gave it a try. The experience was a decent one, not spectacular, but basic traditional food for a reasonable price. It was quite busy the evening we visited, which might indicate it's rather popular. One word of caution here, and the staff will try to upgrade everything, with extra food and even things you didn't order with the impression that it is complimentary. Just be firm about what you did and didn't order, and they are agreeable enough about it and don't give you a hard time. Nevertheless, it was a bit annoying and for this reason I downgraded this place one star.

It's a bit of a bustling place and very busy with waiters rushing to and fro, especially in the downstairs area where the food is prepared. It's rather fun to watch the meals being prepared from here, however. If you want a quiet meal with some peaceful surroundings this is not the place to go, but for some traditional Turkish food and a bit of busy activity, the food is decent and not too expensive. As I said, just be smart and savvy about what you order and don't accept anything extra they bring you unless you ask if there is a charge for it. It's all part of the experience, don't take it personally and just have fun with it. The staff are quite agreeable really and friendly enough in a good humored way too.
Konak restaurant front
Inside view I (downstairs)
Inside view II (downstairs)
Busy staff I
spocklogic says:
I think it's fairly well known place on Istikal, so it's very likely you may have visited it.
Posted on: Jun 19, 2012
Eric says:
I am pretty sure that I have been to this exact place!
Posted on: Jun 18, 2012
mughram mughram
One of the best kebabs on Istiklal Nov 22, 2010
Yes, its on Istiklal, and yes the street is full of tourists. This in itself will tell you that in general the kebabs aren't as authentic as one would like.

But... Konak is different, the kebabs were fantastic, they did not rush it at all, it was well prepapred, well portioned, and well priced.

I recommend this restaurant to anyone who loves a good kebab!!

Will visit again and again and again!

Check Istanbul Hotel Deals