Kona Joe Coffee

www.konajoe.com - (808) 322-2100

Kona Joe Coffee Kealakekua Reviews

sylviandavid sylviand…
Kona Joe: Trellised Coffee Plantation Jun 22, 2009
David and I stopped at Kona Joe's on Sunday afternoon around 3:30. In all fairness it was very late as they closed at 5. The staff were very friendly and nice. They were happy to help us and made us comfortable. One young man was from Brazil. His father and grandfather own coffee plantations in Brazil. He has been studying it in Hawaii and then will go to Ohio for a few months. After this he would return to his home in Brazil. Very accomplished young man. fluent in Portugese, English and could understand Spanish. He loves Kona coffee and spoke warmly of what he had learned.

I selected a mother of pearl necklace (their jewelry is priced reasonably) and chocolate covered coffee beans (7.95). I also got a bag of Peaberry international blend (8 oz for $9.95 on sale!) for my father.

We decided to have a cup of coffee and a late lunch. We sat at the table. The young lady (she was from the Ukraine) gave me a free cup of iced coffee... David got a large cup of hot black coffee but he had to pay $4.00 for his.

I ordered a hamburger and David ordered a sloppy joe. They came with salads and Doritos. Although they were nicely presented the sandwiches were not very good. Mine had so much catsup, mustand and mayo I had to put it down and eat it with a fork. It was a drippy mess from the moment I picked it up. David's sandwich was about the size and shape of an english muffin. When he picked it up the sloppy joe mix (a frugal amount) was too soupy and slipped out. He ate his with a fork too. The salads were good. Fresh and Crisp. The tab came to almose $17.00 but we felt the value was not there for that price. The coffee was very good but very pricy.

They offer tours of their production every day at 10 and at 2. The cost is $15.00. It includes free mugs and other items so it's not as high as it appears at first glance.

We plan on going back but we probably won't eat there. The staff was friendly and loved their jobs... that says a lot about a company.
Large tray on the coffee counter
Inside the coffee store
In the outdoor coffee tasting area…
coffee Roasters