Kompressor

646 4210

Kompressor Tallinn Reviews

Onthewind Onthewind
Popular for the pancakes Mar 11, 2013
The place itself is pretty unimpressive, just a large plain room with various size tables, located in the old town. Due to it's popularity it's not a surprise we had to wait for a table and then to queue to order and pay at the till. There was an eclectic mix of diners; from tourists, students and business types all tucking in to the huge sweet or savoury pancakes that cost around €3.50-€5. I had the ham & Brie cheese and it was very tasty and extremely filling. In very few places will I say that the meal was perhaps too large, but maybe there should be an option for a smaller pancake, as I hate wasting food but on that occasion I couldn't manage it all, so make sure you have a big appetite on arrival!

We only visited this establishment once as we wanted to sample many places in Tallinn, which was a shame because I think the sweet options would have been more appealing to me at a different hour. Some of our group had potato balls starter and some the sauerkraut soup which were both also lovely.

The service was pretty good considering the small amount of staff compared to the large volume of diners. One of our group ordered a hot drink and they bought the wrong one over, but when they realised the mistake they came back with the correct one, leaving us with the extra free drink which was a nice gesture for a small inconvenience.

As a strange side note, there was a TV showing some film or TV show, which I assume was Estonian, but not sure and during it we noticed there was a quite 'graphic' sex scene which went on for a minute or so. Many other diners began to notice and it was kind of funny to us but for some this is not cool. I don't know if this is normal on TV in Estonia and of course can't reflect on Kompressor at all.
melyjyrioo says:
:D :D
Posted on: Oct 20, 2013
jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Cheap but filling pancakes Aug 30, 2012
Kompressor is nicely situated between the upper and lower town in old town Tallinn. It is a no frills, cheap food option for those looking not to be suckered in to many of the other restaurants in the old town. Service here was done at the cash register and the food was brought out to the table which was fine by me. They offered many different variations of pancakes with options from breakfast, dinner and even dessert. There were also various appetizers to be had and beer on draught. It was not a fine dinning establishment by any stretch but it served its budget purpose perfectly. I had the herring and fried cheese balls and a potato pancake with chicken. The pancake was great, the herring was not really my style.
Herring and fried cheese balls
Potato pancake with chicken
phip123 phip123
Best pancakes in Tallinn's old town Aug 04, 2011
They offer cheap (2.50 - 4 Euro) but huge pancakes. We ate the pancakes for breakfast, dinner and dessert :)

A really good option if you are short in cash and don't want to pay the quite expensive restaurants in the old town... and they are not even that good.

The restaurant was always full when we were there. So be prepared to wait till you get a free table or ask someone to sit at the same table.

And if you really don't like pancakes at all they also have some soups, salads and snacks...

Note: They only accept cash. The nearest ATM is on the City square (on the building across the old town square,opposite to town hall).

Related Travel Blogs About Kompressor

Turrets and towers of Tallinn
Tallinn is getting a reputation of being the new Prague of Europe i.e. a great lads weekend away.  We arrived by ferry Sunday afternoon.  On arrival at the port, the famed old town cou…Tallinn food is also worth investigating.  Kompressor specialises in crepes and a favourite place for a filling lunch.  The choice…

Check Tallinn Hotel Deals