Kolonna Hotel Riga

Kolonna Hotel Riga Rates and Deals

Kolonna Hotel Riga Reviews

shavy shavy
Good location in the old town of Riga Mar 09, 2017
Kolonna Hotel is just about 10 min walk from airport bus station, a nice location in the old town of Riga.

The street Tirgonu is line up with bars and restaurants - a perfect place to stay in the center, everythings are walkable from there

We have an evening arrival, a friendly guy in the counter welcomed us, he speak English very well. He need both our ID for registration, the check-in goes smoothly and we got the roomkey

He explained where our room is located upstairs, no elevator. We request a twin room during booking, thus we went upstairs. We find it strange we got two keys, so we get to the room number 23, there was only one door, when we open the door there were two doors inside. Now, we get it, one of the key is for doors inside, there were two rooms (family room of four people)

So, I went back down and asked him about the room maybe he's mistaken by given us two room, but he said, no is your room you can do whatever with it

We don't want to occupy both while we only need one room, so we took the nicest one (twin room). Rooms are nicely furnish, it maybe not very spacious but is clean. Bathroom is enormously big and clean. Free wifi inside and a free bottles of water

Simple breakfast included, serves on the basement. A cheap room in great location. A highly recommended place to stay in Riga. The hotel offer airport transfer, but is quite expensive, while a bus cost only 2€
Hotel Kolonna
Hotel reception
Price of hotel transfer service
We had room A
shavy says:
Thanks Sanjeev
sanfoodie says:
Nicely explained.
shavy says:
Very nice hotel, across there's a pub and the Lido restaurant
theridingdutchman theridin…
Great Rooms for Great Prices Jul 21, 2011
Located directly in the Old Town Centre of Riga, the nightlife, bars and restaurants are never to far away. Everything is within walking distance of this wonderful hotel. They offer great rooms for a great price and come with free wi-fi.
Kolonna Hotel Riga
GeorgeLeach GeorgeLe…
Good location but not much else May 03, 2010
Let's start on the positive, the hotel's location near Dome Square is excellent and the price for a tourist room is good. It's also very clean which is good.

The downside is that it's extremely basic, with the bare minimum furnishings and doesn't have much in the way of amenities. The other addition I didn't like was a shared bathroom as that was not stated when I booked the place as well as the fact I wasn't allowed a non-smoking room which is an annoyance as neither of us smoke. Turns out that wasn't an issue as it doesn't appear anyone's ever smoked in the room and the room next door was empty all the time so the bathroom was totally ours. However it should be noted I went for the cheapest room possible due to my friends fiscal constraints so perhaps I simply got what I paid for? Regardless, this is more like a 2 star than a 3 star.

The breakfast was also rubbish and I didn't like having to pay on arrival before I'd even seen the room. That immediatly rubbed me up the wrong way. Staff were okay, some friendlier than others. Sorted depended on who was working on the front desk.

All in all, I wouldn't reccommend. Sure, the location was brillant but there's plenty of other hotels in the Old Town and I'm sure they're probably superior to this.

Kolonna Hotel Riga Overview

There are many attractions nearby the Kolonna Hotel Riga, which is located within the historic district of the city. Attractions include the Dome Cathedral, the Art Nouveau district, Old Town, and the Daugava River. Other area attractions include the Museum of Latvia, the Latvian National Opera, and the Art Nouveau Center. Guests will enjoy close proximity to the shopping, dining, and entertainment venues that are nearby the city. The Grecinieku railway station is within walking distance of the Kolonna Hotel Riga. In addition, the Riga International Airport is approximately twenty minutes away.

Guests of the Kolonna Hotel Riga will be able to choose between twin, double and studio guestrooms. A penthouse suite is also available. Amenities of the guestrooms include private bathrooms with showers, satellite television, direct-dial telephones, wireless Internet access, in-room safes, and air-conditioning.

Established in the seventeenth century, the Kolonna Hotel Riga provides guests modern accommodations in a historic setting. Amenities include seminar space, a reception area, complimentary breakfast, and hotel safes.

Kolonna Hotel Amenities

• Ticket Service
  • Wheel Chair Access
  • Salon
  • Beauty Salon
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Shower