Kolkovna Olympia

www.kolkovna.cz - 251 511 080

Kolkovna Olympia Prague Reviews

LeighBR LeighBR
Cozy Atmosphere, Mostly Traditional Czech Food Nov 03, 2009
After spending the morning and most of the afternoon on a walking tour of Prague, we were ready for lunch. Our tour ended very close to this restaurant and our guide recommended this place as a good place to try some Czech dishes. We were a block or two away, an easy walk.

It was crowded when we arrived. We were a party of 5. We waited just a bit, no more than five minutes, in the bar area while a table was readied. I'm not a beer drinker, but the others ordered Pilsners. They seemed to enjoy them.

We were taken into a cozy dining room with large windows letting in lots of natural light. The only downside was all of the smoke. Not sure if there was a non-smoking section in this restaurant. The restaurant is comfortable and has a pub feel. Apparently it is part of a chain, and is the third restaurant established under the Kolkovna name.

The menu is extensive and I think that there are options for pretty much every type of diner. Obviously though, it is mostly influenced by traditional Czech cuisine, so there are lots of meats on the menu.

I decided on a liquer, Hruškovice s překvapením, which was pretty strong on an empty stomach. I did enjoy it though (definitely a germ killer). I ordered the Moravian sparrow as my entree, and a turecká káva with a slice of lemon cake for desert. I really enjoyed this meal. Thought it tasted great and was pretty hearty fare.

The others seemed to really enjoy their food, too. I thought this restaurant was a good value and I would recommend this place to others. Portions are large, so make sure you're hungry.
Moravian sparrow in the forefront …

Check Prague Hotel Deals