Kokopelli Campground

Check Drumheller Hotel Deals

Kokopelli Campground Drumheller Reviews

Rokerij Rokerij
Maximize Profits - Minimize Comfort Aug 01, 2011
We booked this campsite due to its great location, just a couple minutes away from the core of Drumheller. We arrived and were immediately bombarded with signs "no music". Not that this bothers us, but the "no music" sign was more of a very telling personality trait of the anti-social, anti-fun owners.

We were given our site which was barely big enough for our tent and SUV to both fit. Fortunately we made due. We were more concerned that the firepit to our left was literally 5 feet away from our firepit with no separation. The firepit to our right was about 10 feet, fortunately parking my truck between us gave us a little privacy on that side.

I went back to the office and spoke to the woman owner. I asked if there was another site available that wasn't so close. Her response was "no".

The main bathrooms were very clean, but all other bathrooms around the campground were basic and disgusting port-a-potties. Needless to say we made the long trek to the main bathrooms each time - which wasn't exactly fun after having a few beers.

Over the course of three nights we regularly seen the woman owner who would literally go out of her way to avoid saying "hello" or any other basic social interactions. It was actually kind of creepy. Why would someone want to run a campground if they are anti-social and just plain bitchy? Then the site to our left became occupied and I figured it out. The money!

Money is the only reason why they would put 3 sites in the space of 1 according to any other quality campground we've been to. Money is the only reason someone who hates people would own a business that deals with nothing but people.

Personally, I would never stay here again. We fortunately made it work for us while we were there, but next time we would go somewhere much better then that - or not go at all.
rawilliams says:
we had the same unfriendly experience there this past weekend. Never before met owners of a campground who hate fun so much.
Posted on: Sep 06, 2011