Kokoda Track

Kokoda Track - the memorial at Isurava
Kokoda Track - some of the 'bridges' we crossed
Kokoda Track - Efogi 1
Kokoda Track - At the start of the track - Kokoda Village
Kokoda Track - no photo can truely capture the steepness of the hills we climbed

Kokoda Track Reviews

duckie07 duckie07
Kokoda Track Feb 26, 2009
Kokoda was the hardest, most emotional draining experience of my life.

It was nothing but hills, mud, rain, dirt, sweat and pain but I loved every minute of it!

It was hot and it rained every day. I was wet most of the times when i crawled into my tiny tent at night. Sleeping on half an inch of foam with clothes as a pillow, eating 2min noodles for dinner, walking for 8 hours a day up extremely steep hills with 17kgs on my back and walking with blistered feet may not sound like fun at first but the group of people i went with, the group of people i spent months getting to know and months training with were absolutely fantastic.

Knowing your group is vital! they were my rock, and i was theirs. We picked each other up when we fell down. We gave each other our sleeves when we cried (and everyone did at some point), we encourage each other every step of the way.

96kms of pain, lack of food and sleep was worth the cultural knowledge i learnt along the way. i learnt so much about the battle that took place along the track and i learnt alot about myself
At the start of the track - Kokoda…
Efogi 1
the memorial at Isurava
some of the "bridges" we crossed

Related Travel Blogs About Kokoda Track

Kings Park Walking Trail, Western Australia
I was trying to seize the sunny day, (before the rain forecast for the next coming days)… so I decided to explore more of Kings Park. I had been to the few of the walking trails besides the Sw…Kokoda Track. Kokoda Track Memorial Walk is a tribute for the Australian troops during the Papua New Guinea…
Kokoda Map