Kokob

10 Rue des Grands Carmes, Brussels, Belgium
www.kokob.be - 02 511 19 50
Kokob - Our dish. It may look a bit messy but it tasted delicious. We finished it all :D
Kokob - Apéro soup and bread
Kokob - Grabbing the food
Kokob - Not a good picture... but I just had to post it because the chocolate cake was soooo divine!

Kokob Brussels Reviews

Pearl510 Pearl510
Nice food, nice setting, and definately something different Apr 11, 2011
Kokob is an Ethiopian restaurant in the very center of Brussels, one block from Manneke Pis and equally close to the old market. It's a cozy place that gets filled up fast in weekends, so it might be wise to reserve a table. I've never been to Ethiopia so I can't compare the food here to the "real stuff", but for what I know, I thought it was very delicious.

We had a group menu (starting four people or more) including a small apéro, 6 different dishes (3 meat and 3 vegetable), water, and wine. The dishes are not a traditional plate with meat and veggies. It's one big plate in the middle of the table, where all food is placed upon. Then you grab a piece of "bread", called Injera, and take the food out with your fingers, African style. I really liked all different preparations we got, very tasty and not too spicy. You can ask for as much injera as you want and if you wish, you can also ask for a spoon. We asked spoons in the very end because we wanted to finish all the food but were too full already to have more of the bread. It's quite filling, because every bite you take of the food, you have to grab it with the bread and so you eat a lot of that.

The service was very friendly, knowledgeable and very fast. Thumbs up for the staff. We normally don't really tip in Belgium, but we did tip our waitress because she did an excellent job. I can't complain about a thing. I think the price is ok for what you get, not really cheap but we had a good time here and a different experience, so it was worth it.

This is not something I would eat every week, but it's a lovely place to come when you're up trying something different than the regular everyday food.

For dessert we had chocolate cake which was simply delicious. Just reminding it now makes me want to order it again. This comes highly recommended ;)
Our dish. It may look a bit messy …
Apéro soup and bread
Grabbing the food
Not a good picture... but I just h…
Adrian_Liston Adrian_L…
A great Ethiopian place in Brussels Aug 19, 2009
As a vegetarian I love Ethiopian food, and Kokob is a great place to get it. The atmosphere is fun, lively and relaxing all at the same time, and the food is fantastic. Unless you ask for separate meals, everything will come out on huge pancakes (actually injera, a flat sourdough bread that looks like pancake), with different sauces and dishes to be eaten with rolled up pancake and then at the end with torn-off strips of pancake soaked through with the juice of your delicious meal. Menus are in French and English.

Check Brussels Hotel Deals