Koko-en Garden

68 Honmachi, Himeji, Japan

Koko-en Garden Himeji Reviews

Airportman Airportm…
A beautiful garden in Himeji Jul 21, 2000
I visited the Koko-en garden for the first time in 2000, as a combined visit to the Himeji Castle. I also visited the garden in 2007, during the same visit in Himeji.

The garden was opened in 1992 and consists of 9 different gardens, al in the style of the Edo period. There are several ponds, a small stream combining 3 sections and plenty of flowers, plants, trees and bushes.

The first time in 2000 I had to rush through the gardens, because of limited time after the tour of the Himeji Castle. But I vowed to return some day and take more time to look at this then beautiful garden.

On my return to Himeji in 2007, I rushed through the Himeji Castle and took my time (as I had) in the garden. It was still as beautiful as back in 2000. Despite it being september, there were still plenty of flowers in bloom. And the ponds were filled with koi carps.

The entrance ticket on both times costed me 300 yen (around 2,70 euros or around 3,70 US dollars). I'm really happy that I visited the garden on both occasions, as it's very beautiful. If you have the time, it's a must to visit!

Related Travel Blogs About Koko-en Garden

Day 12: Stopping in Himeji
We arrived in Himeji at 10:15am, getting off the train and in search for lockers to put our suitcases in. After everybody got their luggage securily locked, we went out off the station and walked tow…Himeji Castle visit, I rushed towards the Koko-en Garden and had a quick walk through the place. Not what…
Day 14: Himeji
We took off in the morning to go to Himeji, to visit the Castle and the nearby Koko-en Garden and in the afternoon we were gonna visit Nara. It was a bright sunny day, so perfect for a visit to these…Himeji, to visit the Castle and the nearby Koko-en Garden and in the afternoon we were gonna visit Nara…

Check Himeji Hotel Deals