Koko Head Crater Trail

Hawaii Kai, Hawaii

Koko Head Crater Trail Hawaii Kai Reviews

blazos blazos
Amazing views Apr 02, 2011
This is a great workout as well as beautiful views. When in Hawaii I do this his a couple times a week. It is very easy to get to Enjoy!
ZelI says:
Interesting commentary , I Appreciate the details , Does anyone know if my business could get access to a sample IRS 1098-T form to fill out ?
Posted on: Dec 13, 2015
linushka linushka
A little something for the leg muscles Mar 04, 2011
Its a short hike up to the top of Koko head, walking on old railroad tracks. It seems like a quick little hike, BUT halfway up you realize that this is actually a workout :) the 360 view on top over waimanalo, the ridges and town is worth it though, even worth the shaky legs on the way down. Bring water and change of tshirt for after, it gets sweaty :)
m_mspr m_mspr
Great Hike Mar 20, 2010
I did this hike a year ago for the first time. I hadn't been working out at all at that time and it was so hard getting to the top!

For the last year I have been working out and feel like I'm in good shape, at least better than I used to be, so now, a year later, I decided to try it again.

To get here you take bus 1 towards Hawaii Kai (not the one that sais Kahala Mall). Get off at Lunalilo Home Rd and Anapalau and walk straight up Anapalau st. You will get to Koko Head district park. Just continue walking straight forward, passed the parking lots. When you get to the last parking lot you turn left. Follow the little trail, take a right by the water fountain. you get to a road and just a few meters to left you tak a right and find the beginning of the trail. It is not hard to find, and most likely there will be people coming from that direction that has already finished the hike.

It might look easy when you first start, but since it is just stairs and they are very uneven, it becomes kind og exhausting. I took a few short breaks along the way relax my legs. About halfway there is a bridge that you have to cross, but if you don't want to you can always go around it on the right side.

When you have crossed the bridge it doesn't look like it is that much further, but now it's getting steeper. Near the end I was really tired and counted 20 steps, break, 20 steps, break...

But finally, when you get to the top, the view is amazing! 360 degrees, you see Hanauma Bay and Diamond Head among other things.

I relaxed at the top for about 15 minutes. Then feeling like I was ready to start getting back down I stood up and my legs felt like jelly. For every step I took I thought my legs were going to stop working, but I managed to get back down, even ran the last part because I just wanted to be done.

It is a great hike, but even though you might see people running up, don't be fooled, it is hard!

Day 2 - So soar I could hardly move. My legs, my arms, my whole body hurt. So if you're planning on doing someting that requires you to move a lot, don't do this hike the day before
KeikoCreative says:
congrats on your featured!
vulindlela says:
Congrats!
Africancrab says:
Congratulations on being featured. Great information, thanks for sharing.
Posted on: Mar 26, 2010

Compare Waimanalo Hotel Rates (7.6km away)

Hawaii Kai Map