Koji's Sushi and Shabu Shabu

www.kojisjapan.com - 323-871-0200

Koji's Sushi and Shabu Shabu Hollywood Reviews

ckubojiri ckubojiri
Good price, good portions, but stringy salmon Sep 06, 2008
I was browsing around the Hollywood center's 4 floors of restaurants and shops and wandered into Koji's for some sushi. I figured this was Hollywood and I could grab some decent sushi, but I have had much better. The prices were fair and they offered dozens of different sushi roll creations. What I liked was that there was a lunch menu that offered salad (which came with a delicious house dressing on the side) and your choice of sushi for $9-14 depending on the roll you chose. I ordered the Rainbow roll. The first bite I took was of the Salmon. It was so stringy I almost couldn't finish it. The rest of the sushi was of mediocre standard. Not the melt in your mouth quality you usually want to associate with sushi. I was slightly disappointed, but trying new restaurants is always a gamble. The fish just didn't taste fresh to me.

The atmosphere was nice as you could choose to sit outside and people watch. The balcony overlooks the 4 floors. The inside of the restaurant was also nice. Pretty simplistic with a slight Asian flair. The service was prompt and the wait staff were very friendly.

Check Hollywood Hotel Deals