Koguchi shizen-no-ie

Check Shingu Hotel Deals

Koguchi shizen-no-ie Shingu Reviews

yasuyo yasuyo
An unique building for accomodation in Kumano Kodo May 13, 2017
We staied over night at "Koguchi Shizen no Ie" meaning The nature house Inn Koguchi. The location is in a deep mountain in Wakayama prifacture. Koguchi is at middle of Nachi Shrine and Kumano Shrine so this is the accommodation for the pilgrimate of Kumano Kodo.

The building used to for junior high school 35years ago. They renovated it for inn 30years ago,once to repair the building for 30years however it's so beautiful and comfortable with wood innner packaging. Also for me as a Japanese,I miss thoes school days.

The room is huge and clean with Japanese matt,Tatami. There is a TV,air-condetioning(2h/100yen),low table,pot and side table and 2chairs in a room. The room have a key from inside. The wall is not thick. We chat with other companions at next room through a wall.

Bathroom is small and cooperation. Just separated male/female. Toilet also cooperation,there is enough for guests. They let use washing machine for free with a detergent. The dryer for cloths is 1h/200yen. This was good deal for us because sweat a lot by trekking,also we won't bringing many extra cloths in our backpack.

We ordered a dinner and breakfast also lunch box for next day. At dining area,there are other guests together. The content of dinner was amazing. We never expected to have such a nice traditional style meal at deep mountain. After dinner we gather with other guests at living room. There are only foreigners and us.

The breakfast also great Japanese style. They prepare a lunch box,inside was 3 big rice ball "Onigiri".

What I liked this accommodation is atmosphere. The playground is in front of building,there is camp site at next. And the wood flat building makes me so relax and refresh at deep mountain. And it's not getting easy to come this area is makes me it somewhere special.

I wish I could come here again but don't know I do trekking so long again the same route! If you do Nachi route Kumano Kodo,I do high recommend Koguchi Shizen no Ie.
An old building