Kogi Korean BBQ Taco Truck

Los Angeles, California

Kogi Korean BBQ Taco Truck Los Angeles Reviews

Eric Eric
Lives up to the Hype Sep 01, 2009
The Kogi Taco Truck is relatively famous in Los Angeles, and on Twitter. It's a Korean BBQ taco truck that shows up at different places in LA, and posts its locations to Twitter so that mobs of hungry fans can follow its every movement. Over the last few months, I've read tons of articles about Kogi, but didn't want to drive all the way to the remote reaches of LA to try a taco.

While randomly looking at their website one day, I noticed that they were due to arrive in my neighborhood during dinner that night! I cleared out my calendar, and drove out to meet the truck when it arrived at 7PM. Unfortunately, I was a little bit too late, and by the time I arrived there were already ~40 people waiting in line. The line doesn't move particularly fast (maybe because everyone orders a bunch of tacos?), and it took me over an hour to finally get my food.

Was it worth it? I ordered two types of tacos ($2 each), both served on corn tortillas. One was the Korean BBQ short rib, and the other was the spicy pork. Both were incredibly tasty, but I thought the BBQ short rib was better. It was definitely one of the best tacos I've had, packed with flavor.

I read a few other reviews online saying that the tacos were small, so I made the mistake of ordering 5 tacos. Unless you have an enormous appetite and a longing for atherosclerosis, 3 tacos is probably enough.

To sum it up -- I'd go here again, but only if I didn't have to wait an hour in line (i.e. maybe hit the truck near the end of the shift)
waiting...and waiting...and waitin…
Andy99 says:
Now that's fusion cuisine! Sounds good.
Globevoyager says:
Congrats!
KeikoCreative says:
Hi Eric, congrats on your featured!

Check Los Angeles Hotel Deals