Kobe Japanese Steak House

515 Springtown Way, San Marcos, TX, USA
(512) 396-7200
Kobe Japanese Steak House - The towering onion dome which served as an inferno show with the vegetables at the end of the meal preparation.
Kobe Japanese Steak House - 4 meals being prepared in front of us. Salmon and scallops can be viewed on the left, the steak from another customer in front, and the shrimps were prepared for everyone in 2 parts, one with and one without butter.
Kobe Japanese Steak House - Chef tossing the eggs around before making stir fried rice
Kobe Japanese Steak House - Plate and pot of green tea

Kobe Japanese Steak House San Marcos Reviews

portia portia
May 06, 2007
A few minutes from the hotel I found the Kobe Japanese Steak House. I sat at the sushi bar and overheard the sushi chef talking to one of the waitresses in Chinese. So I talked to them and found out the restaurant was owned by a Chinese guy from Taiwan. Many people who work there were Chinese. I had BBQ Eel bowl ($9.95) and a seaweed salad (4.95). The food was good, and I was happy to have a little conversation since I went there by myself. I asked them if there were any good Chinese restaurants nearby. Not that I was looking for Chinese food, but just to get the local opinion. So they said if they wanted Chinese food, they would go into Austin.

The restaurant has a sushi bar, and a grill part, where chefs cook for you at the table. There were pretty good crowds there when I arrived, mostly young (20-30'ish) looking people. I didn't take any photos because I wasn't thinking about writing a review, but later I changed my mind, so no photos, but the food looked and tasted good.

A few nights later, I went back to this restaurant with a friend, and sat at the grill part of the restaurant. I had the "fish of the day - Salmon" dinner, and my friend had the Scallops. The chef came and cooked in front us. A couple nearby had to order foods without butter because of allergy, and the chef accommodated them just fine. We had soup, fried or steamed rice, fish or scallops, vegetables. Mine was $10.95 plus tea (1.95) and another seaweed salad (4.95), and an ice cream (1.95) for dessert. We noticed that they put on the bill calculated numbers of tips at 15%, 18% and 20% so people don't have to calculate themselves. That was a nice touch.

My dish had 2 big pieces of salmon, I was able to finish only one piece. Both dinners were delicious. The waiter recognized me from the other night and said hello to me.
The towering onion dome which serv…
4 meals being prepared in front of…
Chef tossing the eggs around befor…
Plate and pot of green tea

Check San Marcos Hotel Deals