Kobe Bird Park

Kobe Bird Park - hornbill

Kobe Bird Park Reviews

reikunboy reikunboy
bird hopping mad Apr 27, 2008
Kobe bird park is definately not for everyone if I weren't living here and was only travelling, then this place would be terrible, plus I have a child so it's a lot better if you have children with you.

The place does have a large variety of birds and exotic birds as well, like the toucan, the hornbill and a large variety of owls but none of the aviaries are anything like their natural enviroments. The birds are also put on show where everyone can touch, hold and take photos of the birds, the poor birds are quite harassed especially the poor little penguin gets put on everyones knee for a photo oppurtunity.

I admitt I took photos of birds with my son because I thought they were cute but at the same time I sought of felt bad for doing it. I refused to let my son hold the penguin just to get a photo.

The place is also very expensive around 4500 yen,$45 for the family that's not including the buffet lunch which is another 1500 yen $15 per person or the cost of public transport

To get to the bird park take the JR train from Osaka staion to Sannomiya and then change to the Port Pier Liner and take it to the second last stop. The station before the airport.
rei with a toucan
Rei with an owl
pond full of lillie pads

Check Kobe Hotel Deals