Frankfurt am Main, Germany

Klosterhof Frankfurt am Main Reviews

jl_ghs316 jl_ghs316
Secluded biergarten Aug 28, 2012
I had found this little brewery/biergarten from a Beer Advocated listing before I came to Europe and wanted to give it a shot. It was a little hard to find only as it was a small fronted building that looked very unassuming. I sat out back on the patio as most of the occupants were finishing their meals and preparing to leave. I had a nice bowl of soup that hit the spot but was nothing special. The beer on the other hand was great. Their Schwarz bier was one of the better examples that I have had. Originally created to be extra thick to appease monks appetites during fasts, it was definitely on the thicker side. Highly recommend if you are in the area looking for a nice pace for a beer.
paleblueskies paleblue…
Nov 06, 2007
We went walking around the city of Frankfurt in search of authentic German food. After nearly an hour of aimless walking, we stumbled upon a restaurant tucked away in one of the quieter districts of Frankfurt. We had no idea what we were entering but it looked like an authentic German pub from the outside so in we went.

The first thing that we noticed was that at 2pm in the afternoon, the place was still packed. That was a very good sign.

We looked at the menu and lo and behold -- deer! They were serving deer which was a very special dish because deer can only be served during the autumn season when hunting is allowed.

It was a very expensive dish by Philippine standard (about P1,500 per dish) but it was worth the experience.

we can only afford to order the deer and weren't able to taste anything else. But judging from the satisfied and happy expressions of the customers, I'm sure the place has a lot more to offer :)
Klosterhof entrance