Kiwi Pension

Kiwi Pension Rates and Deals

Kiwi Pension Selcuk Reviews

Eric Eric
Cheap and good location, but indifferent service Jan 03, 2009
Stayed here in a triple with a few friends in winter. We were the only guests.

Kiwi Pension is located close to the bus station and in a central location in Selcuk. Only a few minutes walk to the city center, and a pleasant 40 minute walk to Ephesus.

Rooms are average for hostels. We had an ensuite bathroom/shower, which was nice. Once they turned on the water heater, warm water was not a problem.

Prices are cheap. I believe we only paid around 13 lira a person per night, and this included a traditional Turkish breakfast of cheese, tomato, cucumber, egg, and bread. There is one computer (shared by reception) with free internet and also free wireless.

Only complaint would be the service. The owner herself was quite friendly, but the rest of the staff were indifferent. In fact, it seemed like anytime you asked them to help with something they would get annoyed, and only answer the minimum amount necessary. Some of the things they told us were downright false.

As an example, one staff member told us that the entrance fees for a bunch of sites we planned to visit were 10-15 lira each, and that if we wanted to go to those sites we should take their "tour" instead of renting a car, because the tour included all entrance fees. We rented a car anyway, and the entrance fees were more like 2-3 lira each. This is the main thing that I remember, but I also remember asking about lots of other stuff that turned out to be completely inaccurate.

The common room/kitchen is also very small. I think it's also shared by some of the workers who live there, and they made us feel like we were intruding every time we stepped in there. So it was like there wasn't any common room at all, which was frustrating.

Good location, and friendly owner, but probably wouldn't stay here again because of the staff.
The hostel shares an apartment/bui…
Orkide48 says:
Hmm,probably I would not enter such a place with incorrect informations, lack of friendliness from staff etc.
Posted on: Feb 11, 2009
gemini59 says:
I would definitely pass this one, because I think the staff is equally important as the owner.
Posted on: Feb 02, 2009