Kitchen and Pantry

020 77278888

Kitchen and Pantry Notting Hill Reviews

jeminigirl jeminigi…
Looks Popular, but Dire Aug 13, 2016
After a morning sightseeing around Notting Hill with the girls we decided to have lunch in Kitchen and Pantry, as it looked extremely busy. Which I’ve always thought was a positive indication until now.

The menu ranged from full breakfast items to light lunches, smoothies, coffee and cake. I opted for a jacket potato with tuna mayo, and our order also consisted of a jacket potato with baked beans and an omelette with ham and cheese. Counter service was a little slow and abrupt, but I put that down to the place being busy. After all it was market day. On paying the bill for us all at the counter I asked for a simple receipt (so that we could split the cost whilst seated, having wanted to save time at the counter.) I have to say the lady was not forthcoming with a receipt – I had to ask twice.

We went and took a table at the window and waited for our order. Service was again a tad slow, but again to be expected on market day. When the food arrived to say I was disappointed was an understatement. One lone jacket spud with tuna mayo plonked in the middle of a plate that looked that it had come straight out of a school dining room. The jacket potato with beans fared no better, and the omelette was again plonked in the middle of the plate with two triangles of dry toast to accompany it. Once we’d got over the initial lack of presentation, and having seen another diner with a jacket potato with chilli and side salad we decided to ask whether a side salad was extra – the abrupt answer from the waitress was if you want salad it’s £1.99 extra. My friend with the omelette asked whether she could have gluten free toast – the response - no we don’t have gluten free bread. I would have thought even a bit of greenery (not a full blown side salad) would have accompanied the potatoes – there was no indication on the board, salad was extra – in this day and age it’s pretty normal to have a bit of greenery on one’s plate especially given that the potatoes were £4.99 each and the omelette £5.50.

Additionally the toilet situation was dire. A consistently long queue for a unisex toilet, which was not the most hygienic toilet I’ve used.

Save yourself some money and buy food from one of the street vendors or other establishments on the Portobello Road, we wish we had!
Lone Jacket Potato!!!!
Ils1976 says:
Belated congrats on your feature, nice to know all about this place ... so that we can avoid it!
Posted on: Sep 04, 2016
hanleyscot says:
Congrats on your featured review!
Posted on: Aug 28, 2016
vulindlela says:
Congrats!!
Posted on: Aug 28, 2016

Compare Sudbury Hotel Rates (7.2km away)

Notting Hill Map