Kiskendo Cave

Yogyakarta, Indonesia

Kiskendo Cave Yogyakarta Reviews

andrejav andrejav
Kiskendo Cave Jun 12, 2013
Kiskendo Cave is not easy place to find. There are markers and signs all over but it seems to me that someone is making fun of distances. Right next to the road sizable parking is tell-tell sign that something interesting is in vicinity. I parked and got chased by the lady that is charging for entrance and parking which I took as a game and start running away… Of course I came back and gave her some money for that imaginary ticket but argued my way out of the “parking” option with a big smile and firm “forget about it”.

Kiskendo have seen better days, actually MUCH better days. By the remains that you can see in the area, it was an beautiful park with great carvings, small pool and children playground. Entrance to the cave is nicely made gate from which stairs take you down to the small river. Don’t forget to take picture of the cave map so that you can find your way around. There are light fixtures all over the cave, but there is no electricity and if you don’t have your own lamp than look for an older gentlemen that will rent you one. I did not understand what he was trying to say, but when he pulled out the lamp and said 2 with his fingers, I got it that I have to give him 25cent for a lamp. Done deal!

Cave has good path but it is very slippery at the times because of the mud that is all around. There are no great stalactites or stalagmites, but walls are extremely porous and lots of water comes down from all directions. Few small “rooms” have stunning rock formations and few times you will have to kneel down trying to pass through the lower areas. It is fairly safe cave, but do not go there alone.

Check Yogyakarta Hotel Deals