Kisiwa House

Kenyatta Rd, Stone Town, Tanzania

Compare Mangapwani Hotel Rates (8.1km away)

Kisiwa House Stone Town Reviews

halilee halilee
Beautiful hotel Sep 07, 2013
This lovely hotel once was the home of a woman who received the place as a wedding present from her brother. It is now owned by the grandson. We only sent one night here but could have gladly stayed many more. The whole hotel is beautifully decorated with antique furniture and photos with several beautiful sitting areas on each level. The main lobby/ sitting area on the main floor is bright and cheery and drinks are served there. On arrival we were greeted with a cool beverage and a cloth to freshen up with.

Jan and Debbie were upgraded to a suite since the twin room had not been vacated yet due to the occupants being ill. I had a single room which was absolutely gorgeous! A big comfy bed with lots of pillows. The room was bright and airy with the windows open to the small winding streets. There is a safe in room and a small fridge for refreshments. The bathroom was large wi double sinks, and a bathtub and shower which had lots of hot water. Truly blissful. 2 small bottles of water were provided in the room. Per amenities provided were shampoo, soap, shower gel and lotion as well as q-tips.

We had a supper at the hotel on their lovely rooftop terrace, I had the line fish and it was very tasty, fresh caught that day. There was a discrepancy in size between my fish and My friends' fish and so they offered another piece of fish to be prepared which my friend refused as she figured there was enough for her regardless so they then offered a free dessert. Breakfast was also good and plentiful.

Service was outstanding, with friendly and helpful staff. When we were trying to find the Main Street the desk clerk even went so far as to walk us out to it without being asked. Very pleasant.

The only downfall was when my friend wanted to pay with her card, they said it would be charged as usd only and they could not charge with local currency which seemed odd.

Otherwise I thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and wouldn't hesitate to stay here again or to recommend it to anyone! A true delight and pleasure!
KatieFromTexas says:
Looks like a great place. Thanks for the detailed review.
Posted on: May 25, 2016
halilee says:
Yeah, it was really great!!! I almost didn't want to leave my room! LOL :)
Posted on: Mar 07, 2014
world-traveller123 says:
very nice i would say there after this nice review
Posted on: Mar 01, 2014

Compare Mangapwani Hotel Rates (8.1km away)

Stone Town Map