Kiruna sights

Kiruna sights - This is what it looked like the whole drive through finland. It eally is beautiful.
Kiruna sights - wild reindeer
Kiruna sights - Dog sled
Kiruna sights - Snow mobiling
Kiruna sights - Going to meet the moose where you can feed them and pet them etc. Although if you go out into the wilderness you will see wild moose.

Kiruna sights Reviews

Lauren_Hine Lauren_H…
Reasons to go to Kiruna - Sweden Nov 14, 2008
Instead of getting you reading a big long lecture about Kiruna (possibly making you hate it before youv'e been!) I will just list some of the reasons that you really must see this area - also some reasons why it may not be for you.

- The northern lights, they are simply unmissable and a deffinate must see. I know i great viewing point if anyones interested.

- The snow, If you go at the right time of year (feb is possibly the best for snow) you will not be able to get over it - let alone get bored of it. It covers everything! I will upload some pictures of kiruna soon.

- The Icehotel (original one) Is beautiful and has to be experienced once, we still go to it everytime we go as there are new rooms every year its rebuilt.

- Snow Mobiling, even if your'e not after an action packed holiday its worthwhile, your guides will take a group out at their own pace into the wilderness, this is personally one of my favourite things to do there!

- Dog sleds, WRAP UP WARM....EXTRA WARM! Although that goes without saying in the arctic. really beautiful the dogs are so friendly and loving (very noisy) until they start running that is.

- Sauna and ICEHOLE. Now this is a real experience, although not all accomodation will have this, i usually like to keep the best place to stay for myself but Leif (the owner deserves a good bit of advertisement. You burn your own logs and poor the freezing water on from the frozen lake....heat yourself up until you wished you were back in england for that great cold weather, then lift a hatch in the sauna and jump in the ice cold water.

- Kiruna town itself, just to look at the architecture and see the culture is an experience in itself - It really is a beautiful place.

- Iron Ore mine, You get taken on a tour under Kiruna itself (which is going to have to be re-situated soon because of this - so get there whilst you can) It is interesting to see although I personally wouldn't do it again.

- Driving....If you are hiring your own car it would be worth taking a drive into the wilderness to see the wild moose and reindeer, I will upload a video of this soon. Last ttme we went we also drove into norway and finland (trying to get to russia, when we then found out you need to get a visa before your holiday) ANYWAY, this truly is a spectacular drive, we got from sweden to finland to norway in one day so it really is not a long drive at all especially not with the scenery around you.

- Skiing, which is quite an obvious one, there is a big ski slope in Kiruna if you are going for the skiing or even to try it out!

- The people, everyone is very friendly and helpful...and seem to speak english which for us lazy british is a bonus.

-The Food is great, it has something for everyone, My family and I are vegetarian and to our astonishment the supermarkets sold quorn!.

- Its very cold for those who don't like minus temperatures, when we went it got as low as -38 degrees although that is especially cold.

- It can get costy if your'e looking to do everything.

- Once you go you won't want to come back! Apart from that i honestly cannot think of anything bad about this place.

If anyone has any questions about Kiruna i will be more than happy to advise or answer them, or at least try to. I know some Great places to go, so just ask.

I really cannot stress to you enough how amazing it is so PLEASE see it whilst its there - Global warming is ruining one of the most beautiful places in the world.
Dog sled
Snow mobiling
This is what it looked like the wh…
wild reindeer
stian79 says:
Putting Kiruna on my list of places to go now. :D
Have to get up here sooner og later as I want to try the Ice hotel and not to mention that I love the northern lights.
Posted on: Aug 14, 2011
vances says:
Well, I haven't been to Sweden...but this review is very enticing! :^)
Posted on: Nov 14, 2008