Kiosco de las Flores

S/N C/ Betis, Sevilla, Spain

Kiosco de las Flores Sevilla Reviews

pms70 pms70
Beautifully situated restaurant with disappointing food and service Feb 11, 2009
This restaurant was chosen by us for it's location. As it turned out that was about the only good thing about the place.

Situated in Triana, across the river from the city centre of Seville, the view was great. The outside dining area quite large but very empty. No outdoor heaters so in February still quite chilly at night.

We chose a table and it took a few minutes for a waiter to show up which was fine. We ordered wine which was not spectacular but drinkable. The obligatory bread was put in front of us and then we had to wait a while for the menu to come out. The menu was in English, so that made things a little easier but not as much fun. The waiter did not speak English at all so at least we got to practice some of our language skills.

We ordered our food and for some reason my siter got hers served first, the waiter then went back to the kitchen and came back with mine a little while later. As I prefer to eat at the same time as my table companions I didn't like that very much. My portion was also about half the size of my sister's, and it turned out that I still had to peel the grilled prawns that I ordered. As this is quite messy I would have appreciated some napkins at least, and maybe a bowl of water?

All in all the food and service were disappointing and the whole meal was the most expensive of all the meals we had in Seville. They also tried to charge us for an extra bottle of wine we never drank, but luckily we figured that one out!

This place is not worth a visit.
oldschoolbill says: