Kinlay House Dublin

Kinlay House Dublin Rates and Deals

Kinlay House Dublin Reviews

leanne_xo leanne_xo
Great for fun loving travellers and short breakers! Jul 11, 2012
This was the perfect place to stay in Dublin, just a 10 minute walk from Temple Bar and in the heart of the buzz. Not too far down the road is also the Guiness factory (everyone who visits Dublin MUST make a trip here!).

The hostel rooms were clean and comfortable- pretty standard but who spends much time in their room! The showers and toilets were also very well maintained during our stay.

The hostel offers free BBQ's and various activities throughout the week (lookout on the board in reception). We joined the hostel pub crawl on our first night here which was great fun (even on a Wednesday!) and a very good price for what was included - a great way to meet people!

I would highly recommend staying at Kinlay House and I hope to return too one day!
El_Forastero El_Foras…
Great place to meet people Apr 05, 2011
The Kinlay House was my lodging of choice during my stay in Dublin. Its right downtown in the Temple Bar area, so its perfect to use just as a launching point for any nightlife adventures (or misadventures). The hostel has a huge common area, with computers that are free to use. Its a great place to socialize and make quick friends. One Thursday night, I just walked downstairs and stuck up a conversation with a group of travellers (from all over Europe) and ended up spending the night drinking with them.

I do have to take a star away for a couple of reasons though. One, the bathrooms are terrible, and the toilets were almost always clogged up. Two, they have laundry machines...but they cost 8 euros each(!!!). Despite these setbacks, I did like the place, and I'd recommend to anyone else stopping by in the Irish capital.
Kinlay
aliasunder aliasund…
Excellent Location - OK accommodation for a few nights Mar 12, 2011
Excellent location, right in the heart of Dublin. They also include a free breakfast (which includes toast with butter or jam, coffee, and orange juice). There are a few computers, and the people at the desk were nice. The beds are average, definitely ok for a short stay, comfortable, and clean. However, when I visited there in November, it was quite cold, and the room I was staying in (which could fit up to 24 people, and was made up of bunk beds), had no heat. I'm not sure if the heat was working in other rooms, but in ours there was no warmth whatsoever, and I had to sleep with my jacket on in addition to the bedding because it was so freezing. Not a comfortable stay unfortunately. The location does, however, make up for this, as we were able to get everywhere by foot from the hostel.
rybishka rybishka
Friendly Hostel in Dublin center Apr 08, 2011
We enjoyed our stay here because of perfect location in center of Dublin - everything accessible by foot, nice and willing guys at reception.
fyrefly fyrefly
Right in Temple Bar May 21, 2008
Kinlay House is located within walking distance to the famous Temple Bar. The building is pretty nice, but it can get noisy at night (since it is in the Temple Bar area). I stayed in a 6-bed co-ed room (no bunkbeds!). The only bad experience I had there was a drunken roommate who (literally) stumbled into the room after a late night of partying, running into people's beds and snoring loud enough to wake the dead. We all cheered when he left really early in the morning.

Kinlay House Amenities

• 24 Hour Reception
  • Kitchenette
  • TV
  • Laundry service
  • Sightseeing Tours
  • Internet Connection (wireless)

Related Travel Blogs About Kinlay House Dublin

Finally found Kinlay House Hostel
Well well I made I'm officially in Dublin,Ireland was a long tedious journey but I did it!! I arrived in Dublin around 9am Ireland time, got through immigration no problem at all. Took a bus into Dub…Well well I made I'm officially in Dublin,Ireland was a long tedious journey but I did it…
Staying at kinlay house
Kate and I flew in from Croatia the day before yesterday. We spent the last couple days traveling around Temple Bar area and Grafton St. We watched some rastafarians do some crazy balancing shit toda… Kate and I flew in from Croatia the day before yesterday. We spent the last couple days traveling around Temple…

Check Kinlay House Rates and Deals