Kingsbarns Golf Links

Kingsbarns Golf Links  - From the parking towards the clubhouse

Kingsbarns Golf Links Reviews

Chokk Chokk
The most beautiful place I ever played golf May 28, 2011
It was my first time playing golf in Scotland and I had not made a fair shot on a golf course in a couple of month but I just had to jump in to it. The weather was a bit unpredictable except for the wind that was murderous and pounding away from the coast in different speed. It looked like we would be able to avoid the showers put only time would know.

The Kingsbarns Links is somewhere special and I must say that the atmosphere and the ambiance were relaxed and really friendly. At the clubhouse we were greeted by the first tee starter; I think his name was Ramsey a friendly broad smiling bearded guy with a hearty handshake. It was just a good way to start the day at the golf.

The club house was great; it was cozy and far from as pretentious as some club houses can be and with a fantastic view over the amazing course.

The Kingsbarns Golf Links, which is a Top 100 Ranked golf course, is a part of the heritage of links golf in St Andrews and it is located 13 kilometres south east of the courses of St. Andrews, but the most amazing thing is that the game has been played on the site since 1793.

The course had been designed by a chap named Kyle Phillips as an amphitheatre along the coast; nearly every hole boasts spectacular views of the North Sea and I was amazed that I almost from all angles of the course had a view to the sea.

I was told by the master that we met sometimes along the course that it would have been even more pretty if the tide had been high instead of low, especially at the 15th hole.

Each Autumn Kingsbarns joins the Old Course, St Andrews and Carnoustie Golf Links as a co-host of the European Tour’s prestigious Alfred Dunhill Links Championship and it was so far the most beautiful course that I ever have played on.

The atmosphere in the clubhouse after the game was really nice and I truly enjoyed sitting in the leather seats and overlook the course that I just had played with a cold beer in my hand in company with some of my best friends.
The club house with magnificent vi…
The wind coming from inland
David getting ready
From the parking towards the clubh…

Compare Saint Andrews Hotel Rates (9km away)

Kingsbarns Golf Links  Map