King's Palace Cafe

162 Beale Street, Memphis, TN, USA

King's Palace Cafe Memphis Reviews

ewong ewong
Good Food, Good Music May 23, 2011
King's Palace is great for an evening out on Beal!

The house band plays jazz - with some interesting and unique improvisation. Definitely a good way to unwind after a long week. The food was about average for what you'll find on Beal. The seafood pasta was decent, but don't miss the fried green tomatoes!!

There's no parking on Beal, but I suggest "Parking Can be Fun" on Union. It's a short walk and only $5!
binky binky
King's Palace Cafe Apr 28, 2008
Before I left for Memphis a friend of mine suggested I stop into King's Palace Café on Beale Street. Well, I have to say I was not disappointed. Outside of the joint there is a blues man who will sing to you to lure you in and made a very personal song for my friend who was with me. Nice and touching!

The vibe of the place is just right. It is dimly lit with two visible areas; one close to the stage and one area further away near the door. The night we were there, they had two soloists, though the first one was better than the second, she was just great! She had a nice voice, but an even better stage presence. Loved her! After the two female singers, they had a blues band play and they were just great. The whole time we were there the music was the right level, it never got so loud we couldn’t have a discussion.

But onto the food! I had the alligator chips and gumbo while my friend had the full rack of ribs. Let me just say that the gumbo is the best I have ever had. It was amazing and flavored to perfection; I know why it has won the best gumbo two years in a row. As for the alligator chips, I hate to be cliché, but they tasted like chicken nuggets, really! Except for chicken nuggets have never been spiced up like this. If they were, I might actually eat them…nah…

So if you find yourself in Memphis, stop by the King’s Palace Café, you won’t be disappointed and you will leave stuffed!
Prize Winning Gumbo!
bellasusanna bellasus…
Jan 27, 2008
Kings Palace Cafe

Memphis, TN 38103

Each time I've eaten at King's Palace Cafe I'm never disappointed. I usually ask for the special or get a recommendation from the server. This evening there were three of us and we ordered a starter called the Cajun Sampler and as an after thought, the Fried Green Tomatoes. The tomatoes were recommended as a true Memphis treat. I personally didn't find it interesting but, hey, when in Memphis...

I Ordered the Cajun Feast for two and was not disappointed. This meal is for 2, 4, or 6 persons only. Trust me it is alot of food: shrimp & crawfish etouffe, gumbo, catfish, Fried Green Tomatoes, potatoes and chicken.

After we could breath from eating so much, I ordered the bourbon bread pudding (not on the menu/it was a special that evening) OMG - this was melt-in-your mouth-to-die-for! I have never had such a tasty dessert. After we crawled out of the restaurant we took some photos of Rudy Williams, the Ambassador of Beale Street (check out the photo)

This restaurant is a great spot for cajun food! The atmosphere is set with dim lighted, friendly staff, and a single jazz musician, Charlie Wood offering an excellent selection of blues and jazz music. The music was a true compliment to the entire dining experience.

Buon Appetito!
paulkernan says:
Sorry, love to write more but I'm off to find something, anything, to eat after reading that!!!!:D Paul
Posted on: Feb 11, 2008