King's Hotel

Check Hat Yai Hotel Deals

King's Hotel Hat Yai Reviews

Biedjee Biedjee
okay for a night's stay Dec 02, 2010
I had an overnight stay in Hat Yai in between two bus trips. Not much a tourist destination, but the place is not entirely without merit either. It broke my long journey from Phuket to Penang. The city is a popular place for wealthy Malaysians who come here to shop. Western tourists are a rarer sight here.

The King’s Hotel is a run-down concrete complex, with basic rooms for a very reasonable price. It somewhat reminded me of the type of the hotels I encountered in the former Soviet Union.

It is conveniently located opposite a long-distance minibus stop, so that was my main reason for staying here (that and the fact that I couldn’t find a hostel which was supposedly two blocks away).

The room was clean-ish and comfortable enough. Shower, toilet and a noisy air-con. A nice bonus was that there was free Wi-Fi available as well, even though the receptionist claimed there wasn’t.

Apparently there’s a bar and a restaurant as well, but I didn’t see much of it. There certainly wasn’t any possibility to have breakfast in the morning.

So... a good place to spend the night if you want to break your journey to or from Malaysia, but not much more than that.
King's Hotel

Related Travel Blogs About King's Hotel

CFD
Sports pub turned into Gogo bar
The Bus from Trang to Hat Yai was a loud experience. I sat all the way back in the bus next to the speakers (2x 10" , 2x5" and two horn loaded tweeters) and they played Thai Lovesongs for the entire …Hat Yai Hotel" which gave me king sized bed , cable TV , Aircon and Ensuite bathroom for 500bath in the middle…

Check Hat Yai Hotel Deals