Kings Head Inn Canterbury

Check Canterbury Hotel Deals

Kings Head Inn Canterbury Reviews

goezi goezi
Beer and steak Apr 17, 2009
King’s Head is an old tavern that had a regular clientele in the bar when we arrived early in the evening, looking for a good pub dinner.

The feel of the place was pretty good but the decore was a little tired. It seems Cantabrian pubs like to have musty old Hops branches hanging from ceilings. We felt these dusty things just made the place look untidy.

We found a table and I got a round in. Having been in management of an English pub, responsible for training staff, I have an eye for good service. Unfortunately the wine glass put before me had a great kiss of lipstick on the rim and when I pointed it out to the bar maid she apologised and sloshed the wine into a new glass for me.

Our dinners were good solid food, exactly what we were after. I struggled through mine. It was a good size.

I had ordered the steak where as Ma had ordered the shepherds pie -all in all the price was very reasonable.

We didn't stay in the accommodation at all whilst we were in Canterbury so I can only comment on the impression I got from the bar.

The location is just out of the city center but still close enough for the keen tourist unafraid of a 10 minute walk.
Kings Head frontage
goezi says:
Haha, I agree, but she didn't -and being the kiwi gentleman I am I let it pass without a fuss.
C:
Posted on: Sep 28, 2009

Kings Head Inn Canterbury Overview

The Kings Head Inn Canterbury is located in the historic center of the city. Guests will find that this Canterbury hotel offers easy access to the Canterbury Cathedral. The University of Kent and the Kent County Cricket Club are also located nearby. The Kings Head Inn Canterbury is situated within walking distance of the city. City buses stop throughout the area, offering easy access to Canterbury points of interest and attractions as well as to the Kent International Airport located nearby.

Each of the guestrooms at the Kings Head Inn Canterbury are cozy and offer exposed beams. All rooms offer color television as well as tea and coffee makers and fans. Private bathrooms also offer showers as well as hair driers.

Guests of the Kings Head Inn Canterbury will find that the area offers many restaurants and shops. There is a bar available onsite that serves snacks and meals. The hotel also offers restricted parking and access to a car park as well as a heated smoking area.

Kings Head Inn Amenities