Kings Art Center

605 North Douty Street, Hanford, CA, USA - (559) 584-1065

Kings Art Center Hanford Reviews

cotton_foam cotton_f…
simple but nice place to bask on arts May 10, 2013
The Kings Art Center has been operating since 1990. For over twenty years, the visual center has been offering high quality exhibitions and educational opportunities.

This aspect of “Educational Opportunities” is what brought me to visit my very own town’s art center. My daughter wants to take art classes sometime in the summer so today I went to check what the art center can offer. I am delighted to find out there are several art classes for her age from picture collage arts to photography to sand art sculpture, to clay sculpture and painting.

The Kings Art Center has beautifully landscaped grounds, sleek contemporary buildings and a spacious courtyard offering the perfect setting for exhibition receptions.

The Marcellus Gallery and Banister Studio/Gallery host exhibits of gifted local and regional artists working in painting, drawing, sculpture, photography and other medium.

Group tours of the galleries are available and teachers can request a related hands-on art lesson for school field trips.

Kings County school children are given the opportunity to showcase their artistic talents in visual arts and for those exceptional students are given cash awards and special recognition.

An open studio is also available for those who need extra space to work on their art projects for a minimal fee of $5.00 fee per session. Bring your own art supplies.

I only visited to inquire about art classes but I ended up basking at each art work displayed in the gallery.

I will definitely go back again for the next exhibition theme or subject. I’m sure there is always something worth seeing at the Kings Art Center.

Hey, you are invited to come and experience the visual arts right here in my hometown!
sylviandavid says:
Nice to have a place that has free admission.
Posted on: Jan 28, 2015
anupa_rk says:
I like the idea of the open studio!
Posted on: May 10, 2013