King Solomon Hotel London

King Solomon Hotel London Rates and Deals

King Solomon Hotel London Reviews

killustrations killustr…
Jan 30, 2012
It was close to the tube stop, and had little restaurants around the area, so it was pretty well located. The place was clean and the breakfast was decent.

I went during my winter break, so it was freezing in London, so I wasn't extremely happy when I got back to the hotel late at night and hopped into the shower only to discover the the hot water wasn't working. I was forced to take a cold shower in the freezing weather. The heater in my room wasn't working either. I heard from the other girls on my trip that their rooms were like a sauna, and the water in the shower was so boiling hot that they couldn't take showers at all.
sylviandavid says:
yikes! good review. This is a really odd motel....
mikie1 mikie1
Nice and cozy near to all Buses and trains. May 29, 2011
Nice place,not too expansive.cozy feeling and close to all the buses and trains. plenty food around 200 meters away.

I think this one can be a cheep and fine stay for people that are coming to travel.
sarahsan sarahsan
A fire trap May 22, 2010
King Solomon Hotel is located in the Jewish Quarter in Golders Green. From Golders Green tube station it´s a 10 minutes walk to the hotel.

When I arrived the computer system was down so I could not check in. Just left my luggage and came back later. I then got room no 95. It was so complicated to find the room so the receptionist had to draw me a map. The hotel consists of several typical English houses which have been attached.

My room was through a door, to the right, then left, down a corridor, into a new building, another corridor, some more doors and corners and then I was at the very end, but no room 95. She had forgotten to tell me that it was on the third floor (read attic), so I continued up very steep and narrow steps. No elevator, so if you have heavy or large luggage, this is not a convenient option. This is also a dangerous fire trap!

The room was tiny, so tiny so that I had to move the bed to the middle of the room get into the bathroom. The bed was blocking the bathroom door. The bathroom was tiny as well and completely stripped of everything. No shelf for toiletries, no hook for the towel (which had holes in it) and no toilet paper holder.

The room did have coffee/tea making facilities, TV and a safety deposit box. The latter gets a big plus. Wireless internet was £1 for an hour, £9 for 24 hours and £19 for a week. Breakfast was served in the Franćesca Espresso Bar, was pretty good and consisted of cereals, vegetables, tuna and egg salad, bread and bagles.

The second night I came back to my room the key card didn´t work, so I had to go 3 floors down, through the corridors and around the corners again to the reception to have it reactivated. Same thing happened the third night, but when I went to the reception and complained, the girl said that the key card had to be reactivated every day. So I asked her why no one had told me. Then she said " I was not responsible for checkin you in" (it was actually her who did check me in). As a receptionist she is part of the staff to me and I don´t care who checked me in, I don´t like rude answers. I guess this is the spirit of the hotel. One morning during breakfast one employee was scolded and yelled at in front of all the guests. So disrespectful! I was shocked.

What you save in staying at King Solomon hotel you will probably loose in tube tickets. The hotel is in zone 3 and will raise the price of your tube ticket or the charge on your oyster card. It also take 20-25 minutes on the tube to Leicester Square. Golders Green is not the most convenient location.

I will not stay here again. I did not feel welcome and the staff was not friendly, never a smile, but for £40 a night I guess it is a good price for London.
King Solomon Hotel
Entrance to King Solomon Hotel
Entrance to Franćesca Espresso Bar
Outdoor dining at Franćesca Espre…
sarahsan says:
Sylvia and David, thanks for all the smiles! I´m glad that you found my review useful. I really hope people stay away from this place!
sylviandavid says:
This is a really well done review, Sarah. Amazing walk to the room.... At the very least, if someone decided to stay there they would know to ask for a near room and not an attic room... Thanks so much for posting it.
moshers_moll says:
Definitely avoid this place with a barge pole, sounds terrible!
Posted on: Jul 29, 2010

King Solomon Hotel London Overview

The King Solomon London is located near Golders Hill Park. Guests will find themselves with easy access to a number of attractions. This London accommodation is conveniently located only 15 minutes from the fashionable West End district. The hotel is located only 3 miles from the city center, which, along with the airports, can be easily reached via rental car or taxi cab as well as by using the city’s well connected public bus and metro systems.

All of the guestrooms at the King Solomon London Hotel include wireless Internet access. Each of the 65 rooms boasts direct dial phones, televisions, and coffee makers. Private bathrooms with hair dryers are also available in all hotel guestrooms.

Guests of the hotel will discover ample shopping and dining nearby. There is a restaurant onsite, as well as a Continental breakfast and the hotel offers a bar. There is a friendly and helpful staff onsite as well as safes and a business center.

King Solomon Hotel Amenities

• Shops
  • Desk
  • Direct dial phone
  • Facsimile
  • Internet Connection (wireless)
  • Towels